Druid and hunter are unplayable at higher levels

Druid ( level 40 balance) spell power isn’t being applied so every kill is an event that requires downtime to heal up and drink.

Hunter pet bar is gone and pet is stuck on passive rendering Beastmaster unplayable at 50.

Hoping the devs see this, I’m going to start a new character since I can’t progress any further.

4 Likes

you can respec to surv and just grind out 5 more levels to make a DK! I would do that instead of starting over from scratch

3 Likes

Feral druid is still playable past this point, in fact I would even say starts getting good at that point. Though, having to respec and re-train skills on login is kind of annoying. But it’s a Beta so not unexpected.

2 Likes

My balance druid is currently 52, I’ve had no issues. Only some mana issues early that get resolved by talents/innervate/omen of clarity. Are you like… not getting gear with intellect or something?
The issues I have noticed so far and reported are:

1. Starsurge generates 0 solar/lunar power though the tooltip says is should generate 15. Combat log shows 1.5 but it doesn’t actually go to your bar.
  2. The talent Balance of Power is actually applying your base spirit to hit, when it should only be applying spirit from gear and buffs. So you can have no gear when you take this and be hit cap on raid bosses at least for awhile.
  3. The Euphoria Talent is definitely not procing at a 24% rate with 2 points in the talent. My testing has it closer to 10% for non-eclipse casts.

These don’t make it unplayable but they aren’t correct.

1 Like

My spells are hitting for the exact amount in the tool tip aside from the occasional crit, I have 126 spell power that never gets added so yeah im usually low on mana and health by the time i kill anything.

I could keep going but it’s such a grind I’d rather wait until it’s fixed.

“you can respec to surv and just grind out 5 more levels to make a DK! I would do that instead of starting over from scratch”

I’ll just wait i’m sure it will be fixed soon.

in Cataclysm your spell power is factored into your tooltip damage. the only thing that should alter your spell’s damage from it’s tooltip are buffs/debuffs on the enemy.

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense, my spell power is higher than the stated tool tip for a couple spells.

I’ll remove any spell power gear and see if it affects my tool tips rating.

Some spells do not receive the full 100% of your spellpower, but it’s also possible that spells are bugged. In particular DoT/HoT based spells seem to be most prone to bugs right now. For example Renew on my priest is heavily bugged and seems to gain no benefit from spellpower at all

3 Likes

Translation “I’m not good at this game. So it’s definitely the games fault”. Just. Stop.

4 Likes

There is a big blue report option to stick your feedback or bug notes into that blizz definitely read. Best part is it is built into the beta

Gee i was wondering what that was for…I guess it was just a freak accident I reported it days ago…

Think before you speak…

1 Like

Currently, a lot of the druid balance talents and abilities don’t work at all.

Starsurge f.e. doesn’t provide Solar/Lunar Power. Genesis doesn’t apply the extra duration. Euphoria is also not giving 8% mana as it is supposed to do. All this hurt the mana household of balance druid.

1 Like

I’m having the same issues with HoT spells as resto. Rejuv and regrowth heal a trivial amount (at 25 my rejuv healed for a total of 20ish over the full course of the HoT)

Healed a couple of dungeons last night using nourish exclusively.

1 Like

Don’t worry, it get’s better at higher levels. At level 45, Rejuv heals for almost 60hp over it’s duration.

2 Likes

The only issue I have is Starsurge not generating astral power. That all feels way better once Euphoria comes around. 46ish + balance druid feels way too OP. 60+ is crazy. Once you’re around 60, nourish feels like it actually heals you and you 2 shot everything, its very nice

Also, Euphoria seems to be working fine. I never had an issue with the amount of mana being returned

This need a nerf, it sound way too good.