Dreamway Questions

I just noticed a couple things in the Dreamway that I’m curious about:

1. How long has that bearded statue been next to the Moonglade portal? I played all through Legion and never noticed it! Maybe I just didn’t look up, though.

2. There is an unusable portal in the fork that isn’t named on the map. I don’t remember if I even checked that fork in Legion, but does it have any meaning?

If there is no meaning to the unusable portal now, maybe it could lead to somwhere in the Night Fae domain in Shadowlands?

1 Like

I was just exploring the nooks and crannies kf that map yesterday between pvp queues and noticed the same thing. I have seen others speculate that the unused portal goes to the night fae zone. Would that mean that dreamwalking druids can cross back and forth from the shadowlands at will.

I was a little bummed that there was no portal to a BFA zone.

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed some fun things about it too.

1: When you fight the nightmare dragons in Emerald Nightmare (Ysondre, Emeriss, Lethon) it’s in an “evil” version of our dreamway.
2: We have 2 unused portals. 1 to the far south, under where your emisary quests pop up on your map, and 1 more in the Nightmare area to the far east.
3: There are wolves by the Duskwood portal, which is kind of fitting. IDK if it’s on purpose but it’s kind of cool as there are Worgen in that zone (nightbane pack).

In the War of the Ancients books Korialstrasz and Malfurian ended up in G’hannir where they met Avianna in her tree and saw that the spirits of many dead dragons ended up as birds there. This sounds exactly like Ardenweald, and Avianna wasn’t dead at the time either so I wouldn’t be surprised if druids can hop back and forth as well.

I think one of the blizzard descriptions of Ardenweald is that its the reverse-side of the emerald dream, but I’m paraphrasing. I think it’s very likely one of our portals will go there, eventually.

I wonder if they didn’t put one into BFA because of the “faction war” debacle. Do we give them a portal to Zandalar or Kul-TIras? Both? One-each faction specific? Easy Solution: Screw it No-portal-for-anyone.

In practice farming old instanced content (especially ones without an easy exit) you can use dreamwalk to hop to the Dreamway, sell to your Tundra Mammoth, then dreamwalk back. If you reset the instance while your there you will pop into the nearest graveyard instead of where you teleported in from. You can also freely go into ValSharah to retalent or use the mission board and still dreamwalk back to your original location.

It’s all together a very useful tool.

1 Like

Sounds good! Thank you both!

I hadn’t actually thought about using the Mammoth like that. That’s a great idea thanks! Now I just need to get a mammoth.

EDIT/Addition:

I just tried this and I got put in the same spot after Dreamwalking from/to Wailing Caverns whether or not I reset the instance. (on a BfA level druid, so its not the Moonglade Teleport spell)

It was very close to the instance portal. I don’t know if there is a graveyard at that spot; I have a vague memory that there is but haven’t died near there in a long time.

1 Like

It’s actually always been there. I think it’s kinda cool.

I haven’t heard this theory before. It’s an interesting one. I have a theory too. I think that portal in the Dreamway goes to Shadowbough. It’s the portal next to Forest Song in Ashenvale. That one doesn’t work either and from what I read in Stormrage is the most dangerous one because the Nightmare corrupted that area of the Dream significantly. So maybe that’s why it didn’t work because it was shut down or something. I’m just guessing.

I remember this. That was when all winged creatures, not just the birds and harpies were Aviana children. She even mentioned to Krasus that he was one of hers. Old lore says that all winged creatures returned to live amoung the branches of G’hanir in the dream after death. A lot of that’s been changed though, especially with Shadowlands coming.

I would say no to the portals only because it wouldn’t be fair to further push the drust and Gonk druids to conform to the Cenarion practices of the other druids. But I would like for Malfurion to meet with Ulfar the frustration leader and those 2 other deer in Drustvar.

And this right here is what i hate most about BFA.
As a horde only player I only got to experience half the story. I don’t know anything about the Drust outside of our few warzone quests, WQs and my archaeology pieces.
-Eitrig and Gallywix are afraid or witches, and apparently thats a thing in kultiras. You encounter witches and there are a few very short quests that establish they are bad.
-There’s a bunch of stick-monsters, and blue-glowy animals, and we kill them because WQs say so.
-Theres a mansion at the north end of the zone and we are given no reason to go there. Not a single quest. It’s filled with witches and the end boss says he’s the “drust king”.
That’s seriously about the only lore we get, and they only mention Drust existing for 1 fight.

Back on topic… I think the corrupted portal to the east would lead to Shadowbouth then, if it’s supposed to be the dangerous one. That still leaves us with the one to the South for Nightfae.

I guess utility-wise I would want a portal for each landmass/expansion so I can get around easier, even if it isn’t supported by the lore.

I agree.

Oh shoot! I was talking about the one in the south not the corrupted one. That one originally lead to Malorne’s nightmare. I forgot about that one.