Draught of the 10 Lands

Explain why the 30% war mode boost for the dominant Alliance faction on Oceanic servers is perfectly okay with Blizzard, then…

That currency is not that hard to farm.

I got everything off that vendor and I still have over 3k seven legion commendations without even trying anymore. I stopped grinding them out when I got all the things off the vendor.

Now because of that, and they cost 10 each, I can have over 300 of those draughts compared to someone who just started. Honestly it would be unfair if I could use those to level up to level 60.

Because the warmode boost is based on client population, not region. OCE players still use the US client to play, even though our servers are in Australia. And because the horde warmode population is way bigger than the alliance warmode population across the US client, that is why.

Personally I would rather see things like the XP buff get removed. If people want to world pvp, they will world pvp without added bonuses like extra XP or extra rewards from World Quests.

They studied this for years? That doesn’t sound right.

Players who have done the same tired, old content many, many times as it is continually nerfed, gutted, and debased are bored out of their minds doing it again. The fact that we had no content for much of 8.3 and players were “encouraged” to level as many characters as possible means they’re even more bored of it now.

Forcing players to plough through the same boring content yet again adds nothing to the player experience.

Give me a freaking break. The story has been removed, or it never was presented in the game, or it is locked in end content that no leveler will ever see. You may remember earlier warcraft games, comic books, and the events that transpired through earlier expansions. New players see nothing but fetch quests.

1 Like

Fact remains it still wasn’t “handed” to you.

it only works until 51 anyways. So not sure where folks keep getting the “to 60” from.

I agree with this. WM bonus should be something that is more useful at max level.

Honestly it did feel like it was. As I said, I stopped actively farming them when I no longer needed them. Yet I managed to get up to 3k + from doing it passively. So yeah, they were handed to me after a certain point.

That’s not the point I was making, though. Blizzard is cracking down on all XP boosts across the board… except for War Mode. And in an entire region, that War Mode bonus is not only against the “no XP boosts we’re disabling them all” policy for this expansion, but is also hideously imbalanced, to the point where on Oceanic servers, if you’re Alliance you play War Mode because you cannot die.

But if you’re Horde like me, you’re missing out on a 30% XP buff and constantly reading about the various ways Blizzard is removing all other avenues to buff levelling XP.

Alliance here gets what is basically a “immune to pvp death” 30% xp buff, and yes, I now why it happens on Oceanic, but that’s not the point.

Blizzard has been seeking out and destroying every. single. xp. buff.

And yet they seem happy to let Shadowlands go live with the majority of Australians (not me) getting a HUGE advantage in levelling speed.

If they wanted a level playing field, the war mode buff should’ve been the first on the chopping block.

1 Like

The warmode bonus is there in order to “convince” people to go into warmode. That is the only reason why it is there. The whole “one faction gets a bigger buff” is determined by population size of both factions. If Alliance WM ON pop > Horde WM ON pop, the horde would have the bigger buff. It is player determined. This was placed to get more people from the lower pop faction to turn WM ON, while also trying to get the higher pop faction to turn it off. That way the two factions become even, and it defaults to 10% for everyone.

Now that was the intent, it failed as everyone with a brain knew it would. However clearly blizzard thinks it was a success. Or that they believe in a few years everyone will go over to horde because reasons. As I said, I would prefer to see it removed completely, from both sides.

You still get a 10% XP buff though. So it is more like 20% XP. And that is counting on that it stays 30% the whole time. Who knows, it might go down to 20% while leveling is happening. It doesn’t stay 30% all the time. Clearly you don’t know how it works after all.

LOL.

You mean so you could go back to pretending that you do wpvp while not actually having any risk of running across enemy players.

Why not remove warmode altogether? PvP servers were an utter failure. No point in going back to them.

World PvP is not nearly as popular as you think it is.

I don’t do world pvp and have zero interest in sampling it, so War Mode is not even a consideration for me, but I’m well and truly over seeing guide saying “just turn war mode on, it’s mandatory for levelling!”

But yes, I do indeed know how it works (not sure what the reason was for that little jobe at the end). Here in Australia, Alliance gets 30%, all the time, because Oceanic server pops are THAT unbalanced and aren’t going to change any time soon.

Like I said above, it strikes me as weird that the devs have nuked all XP buffs into the ground (outright removing most of them) and yet are perfectly okay to let Alliance sail through on Oceanic with a 30% buff.

Oh, wait, we don’t even get a real day/night cycle in Australia. So the devs probably don’t care.

I don’t think it’s popular at all - not for Horde on my servers, anyway. It’s a whole lot of pain for very little gain.

For Alliance, it’s just questing, because no Horde are dumb enough to enable it.

That’s exactly what Alliance gets right now on Oceanic.

1 Like

Hey stop necroing old threads :rage:

From what I heard, it still works in you are synched down to lower levels when party synch is active.

It’s never worked on new content.
Why expect any different now
Geez

And the displeasure of such a decision should also be expected :slightly_smiling_face:

This is already going to happen, Blizzard knows it’s going to happen.

Well now they don’t which in a way you should be happy about because it gives you something to latch a hold of and complain about until Monday’s Launch.

probably just need to wait 1 week to exploit xp buffs. i’m sure alliance will have +25% xp warmode by that point. unless blizz rigged it so it won’t happen near launch.

I see where you coming from but some people enjoy doing a worlds first race, everyone plays a game their own way. Berating someone for plowing through isnt any better. What would you rather have them do not play the game at all if they just rush the content?

1 Like

A 9% increase to leveling speed does not equate to a free boost.

Besides, the 10% XP boost would’ve ended up making the much less pleasant scenario of completing the venthyr storyline at level 58/59 and being forced to grind mobs for 1-1.5 levels far less likely to happen, and far less egregious to deal with if you somehow did get into that situation.

But yet here is blizzard shutting off ALL exp gains from anything BUT overlooking WM? how is it fair that alliance gets 30% and horde only 10? i understand you cant do anything till you do all zone but the point is one faction is getting 20-30% more over horde. IMO blizzard should 1. shut it off till 60 OR balance it to be even till reset.

But yet here is blizzard shutting off ALL exp gains from anything BUT overlooking WM? how is it fair that alliance gets 30% and horde only 10? i understand you cant do anything till you do all zone but the point is one faction is getting 20-30% more over horde. IMO blizzard should 1. shut it off till 60 OR balance it to be even till reset.

Blockquote

It seems to me that most folks are not getting the gating that will control getting to a covenant. There is a story line that must be completed in each zone regardless of what level you are. You could hit 60 in the first zone (not really, but ex.) and you will not have finished the 4 stories necessary to get to end content. The boost is meaningless to finish the story lines.

1 Like