Drain Life Glitch

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing a glitch where drain life does not heal at all? ive tried 3-4full channels and my health does not increase. Ive also tried soulburn drain life and it is not providing much of a shield.

Anyone else have this issue?

3 Likes

I noticed the same thing but just figured it was the lack of Inevitable Demise and never really gave it much more thought.

1 Like

yea it has to be a glitch. No way this is intended. Just did an arena and healed for 1.2 mil and warrior healed for 5.8 mil. Obviously that cant be normal…right?

2 Likes

After playing around with it some more im pretty sure its bugged yeah and not giving the full amount of healing it should be in PvP at least

Are you under the effects of Mortal Wounds?
It seems to be healing fine for me.

It really depends.
Maybe your healer was topping you off faster than their healer was healing the Warrior.
Or perhaps the Warrior just received a lot more damage than you did. I don’t believe Over Healing is measured.

1 Like

No this is intended, Drain life heals based on damage, and inevitable demise + grim feast have been removed. While it feels bad in some regard, you got to roll with the punches and hope it opens up the floor for attention to the spec in other areas (in PvP atleast, since that’s the posts topic)

1 Like

Its for sure because of ID and GF, i did notice they changed it from 400% to 500% healing like that was going to compensate for such a huge loss in healing.

@Galedron im talking about self heals no mortal wounds ive been doing dps comps which werent an issue prior, but i cant stay alive with 2-3 full drains im not getting any healing.

Im sure its intended because this always how lock feel at the pre xpac, but man im seeing warriors self healing for triple what i can possibly do at this point

There has to be something wrong with drain life.

Drain life is doing very little damage which is leading to low healing. Also the healing it is providing doesn’t seem to be consistent. I did these tests while under 35% health, no mortal strike on me, fully 528+ gear, and with Death’s Embrace. In testing, the damage did
24.5k = 122k healing.
24.8k = 67.5k healing
16.5k = 82.3k healing

DL used to be part of out bread and butter play style its currently BUSTED it needs some addressing so please. Just combine DL and DS into a lick butt spell with green fire that would be amazing

1 Like

We were there in legion

We’ll be back there eventually

If yall haven’t caught on by now blizz just recycles designs every 3 or so years, with a sprinkle of a few innovative things here and there

Ive seen this before. I think their intention is to break it so bad that we will appreciate whatever they increase it to at a later time, which will still be considered a nerf compared to the last few iterations specifically the ones that used soul rot.

Im noticing they have been nerfing soul rot and drain life since shadowlands. Every version of it has been nerfed significantly, and now its useless pretty much

2 Likes