Dragonriding/Dragonflight flying not unlockable despite completing the quest on a transferred character

I paid to have a character moved from one server to another. When the server transfer to the new server was completed and once I reached level 60, I was able to play in the Dragon Isles. I accepted the quest to learn Dragonriding in the Waking Isles area, where you have to fly though the rings but no UI showing Vigor or any of the flight options shows up. I also cannot fly into the air at all. I was able to complete the quest chain using the accessibility dragon nearby…

I did have a remix character in the new server doing Pandaria Remix and unlocked Dragonflight account-wide apparently, so the non-remix, transferred character has the Dragonriding mount, a “Highland Drake”, using it gives the buff that does state “Enables Dragonriding skills” but in the Spellbook, it says “Dragonriding Basics” See your trainer. I see a trainer and dialog is empty. I also have the next chain in the quest where you have to use the Rostrum of Transformation…it works for the remix character but not the transferred one. The area doesn’t show up to customize the Drake. I have reached out to GMs but was directed here since the guide given tells me to complete the quest…which I did.

Did you ever find a fix? I’m thinking the issue is the REMIX. I’m having the same problem and my main in DF wasn’t server transferred anytime in the last 5 or so years.

I started a remix character, got jsut to the point of them shoehorning me into a drake, picked the green one.

Then flipped to my old main that was still 60 from SL, unplayed since mid-SL, leveled up to 62 while getting to the dragon flight quest… and it failed. The quest completed and it said I was rewarded a renewed drake and dragon riding - but neither is unlocked, both are RED / uninteractable for me. I can still complete the quests withe accessibility drake going on autopilot, but that’s not really the point & I’m pretty sure this is a significant enough portion of the expansion that I should understand how to use it and have it available before continuing.

So now I’m stuck :confused:

did going back and finishing it all on the REMIX character help? I’m tempted to try, but I have no idea how long that chain is and don’t want to waste the time since I have no intention of leveling the toon.

In case anyone else has the issue - the quest deposited the renewed drake as an ITEM in your bags, not as a mount directly into your mount screen. you need to use the ITEM renewed drake in order to spontaneously learn the renewed drake MOUNT as well as Dragonriding itself.

this might sound dumb to some people, but with the Remix toons learning it as a spell directly into the book, and then the non-remix toons needing to find and use an item, it’s not super clear.

1 Like

Thanks lol, this was my issue