Dragonriding, so fun I want to smash my keyboard

just spacebar to hop off the ground, then pull your mouse back to nose straight up and fire off your space bar.
Youll climb VERY fast.

you have to level out and nose down enough to regain vigor charges…then nose up again and space bar (Skyward Ascent) again.
Once you get your talent tree mostly done, its a LOT easier.
But thats the point…you and your dragon are learning to ride together.

2 Likes

Will try that later. I think I got 4 or 5 vigor charges now… still is not the greatest for people with motion sickness or vision issue. I know I have some issue with it 20/60 vision born with eye issue. So I have a big monitior (33inch) that’s like right up to my face to see anything. Dragon riding have not been fun for me.

3 Likes

I can imagine. Sorry its bad for you. sucks that its going to be fun for those who can handle it and miserable for those who cant.

1 Like

As my Optometrists told my wife since I was ever able to see about 50 to 60% of what normal people can see, we might think is terrible but for him(me) but is not so bad for me personally since I never experience what is like to have normal vision. He also mention that our body, mind will adjust and train us to work with what we have. So if I have bad vision my body and brain would make adjustment on their own to make it work for me.

Kinda of like a kid never had candies before, they don’t know what they are missing coz they never try it.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, the game has been live for 18 years…we’ve already learned how to play the game, so some people don’t want to keep learning how to play the game perpetually.

4 Likes

Going to put my tips post here, it can help.

2 Likes

Do you not know how to work a mouse ?

The forums are always a endless source of entertainment.

3 Likes

Try flying away in a direction you have few or zero obstacles to gain momentum, then spend all your vigor going up, paying attention on your speed to maximize how high you can go. When you reach your limit, you’ll probably be far away from the glyph but also in a higher position than it is. Then, descend very little to avoid falling, even while you lose speed, and you go for the glyph (don’t hit anything or you might fall, you know the drill). Or just get other glyphs first and come back for this specific one later

WTF? We have to relearn how to play our classes every x-pac.

1 Like

So what you are saying is that Blizzard did not listen to their customers. Instead they held the shinny up and you all fell for the ruse. Interesting :thinking:

And btw, I stand by my statement. This has nothing to do with learning how to play the game. The game is listed as a MMORPG, not a single player flying game.

1 Like

Did I miss the no more group activates dev blog? Dang, what are those party frames for???

1 Like

Yeah and it’s getting tiring.

3 Likes

Most players would be pretty bored if the specs still played like Vanilla.

So you’ve personally interviewed most players I see.

I agree. I don’t want to have to spend all of my gaming time conducting research just so that I can kill stuff. I’d rather be able to explore the environment and… well… kill stuff.

4 Likes

It’s super obvious how common AFK autopiloting is when you’re watching the map while sitting at a summon stone waiting for party members. They’re always going in a perfectly straight line, which nobody does when they’re flying manually. There’s no way they’re not alt-tabbed out checking their snaptogram or instachat or ticktwit or whatever. The average attention span has dwindled to that of a goldfish on caffeine and it shows.

2 Likes

I did a bunch of these this morning (2 zones and a half) and in most if not all cases you have incremental rocks you can rest on. With a bit of patience, you can reach each of them, even if you don’t know how to dragonriding.

Now, that doesn’t mean I approve the idea of the glyphs. I think it would have felt much better if you unlocked the perks through questing and story, but it’s not as hard as it might seem initially.

I’ve been having some issues with Dragonriding, but nothing to make me want to leave the game and unsub.

Worrying my spouse who is downstairs WFH (and I am supposed to be, but shh) with my profanities when I can’t reach a glyph, that’s a whole other thing.

You can take off from level ground and climb just fine. It just takes practice at angling and gaining momentum. Collecting all the glyphs is a good way to practice.

I haven’t fiddled with it yet, but there are settings for motion sickness in the options. I can’t say how effective they are.

Cash shop regular flying mounts are fine. They are usable every where else. This is not as big a deal as ppl are making it seem.