Dragonriding - Random "up" pitch change while riding

Is there any way to fix this bug where while you are riding the mount auto adjusts itself and pitches upward at very random times?

It’s making dragon races quite difficult.

7 Likes

The only “fix” I’ve found is to use one of the original dragonriding mounts. I use the Wilderdrake and all of the pitch bugs and leveling out bugs don’t seem to occur.

2 Likes

It is very strange. The fact it’s not consistently happening though gives me hope that it’s a bug that will be fixed at some point though.

3 Likes

Oh my word! Yes! I have been seeing this and was trying to find some one else talking about it. I was live streaming in disc one day and I was getting frustrated trying to do the “challenge mode” dragon riding and some of my friends were like “Why do you keep jerking upward to level yourself?” and I had to explain it’s not me. There also seems to be a small bug that once you are “leveled” you can’t actually make them go down for a couple of seconds. I have tried the original dragon riding mounts, I have tried the newer sky riding mounts. I guess I have to go with the original 5. I have tried the Whimsydrake and it does it too.

1 Like

ive just noticed this too, its almost like its some kind of collision assist or something. if youre flying over a ledge at a downward angle itll lock you parallel with the surface briefly, like its trying to prevent you from landing unintentionally or something. its definitely new with 11.0 and its really jarring, this should be removed or at minimum be made a toggle

2 Likes

seriously WTF IS THIS I DONT NEED FLY ASSIST I JUST GOT THRU A WHOLE EXPANSION WITHOUT IT. THANKS. PLZ FIX

Yeah this is odd behaviour, its like the game is trying to automatically make you level out, but all it does it destroy your momentum unless you immediately correct.