Dragonriding Is Not Flying, It's Grind Gliding

When you program players for years to a specific way to get around a map via Unlimited Flying, you ultimately encourage folx to explore your MMORPG and thus reaffirm the magic behind the game genre.

When you launch a new expansion with a forced system feature because it’s tied into the quest chain and locked behind an unsustainable midair pseudo-mount resource, you are purposely wasting players’ game time they pay for.

Gliding is not flying. It’s another rep a la currency grind.

Druids have flight form for a reason.
Players have flying mounts for a reason.

I don’t care if there’s a hopium blimp from fanboys squeaking about saying that Dragonriding is temporary and we will have a full flying mode in the future. That’s not good enough. Because there’s no evidence of full flying on the Dragon Isles currently. They even nerfed the new Dragon race/class ability to superhero fly up and glide instead of just allowing it to be a class that has flying capabilities naturally.

We as the community have valid insight into this game because we as a community play this game. And are entitled to communicate our preferences and feedback.

I’m not interested in Grind Gliding because it is not Flying. *caw

14 Likes

It is though.

You will eat the green eggs and ham… and you will like it.

This post is fake news.

5 Likes

Just get the waypoints for the glyphs and burn an hr to collect them all. Your dragon actually roars when you get close to one and shows a seal is near by in your chat box. You can also track the glyphs by zone through achievements that let you know when to move to another zone. Is it optimal? No but it sure as heck is a better option than riding a ground mount for a year. Once you max your tree out you can pretty much fly indefinitely.

4 Likes

You can fly indefinitely with dragon riding, it’s just a pain in the poopshute to do it.

2 Likes

And so are those that disagree with you, no matter how much you wish otherwise or how you insult them.

3 Likes

It’s not gliding.

If you’ve done any dragon riding, you’d know this

9 Likes

It very much is glorified gliding lmao

4 Likes

And you can get it all in the first few hours of DF.

1 Like

Then you haven’t done any of it.

4 Likes

I have. It’s a wasteful use of game resources.

2 Likes

Fortunately the community overwhelmingly disagrees with you.

7 Likes

Post a screenshot of your max level character on beta with all the glyphs then.
If you don’t like dragon riding, then just don’t use it and wait for normal, slow, flying in 10.1.

You should add this to the excuses people make for overrated travel systems like this Dragongliding.

Replacing flying with this Dragongliding is weird indeed. Very poor design.

1 Like

I like this framing of it.

Has this been confirmed? I haven’t heard anything lately, and I got the feeling that Ion said regular flight would come later (after saying it would never be part of this expansion) was to shut players up. But if you have a link I’d like to see it.

2 Likes

Not replaced. You’re getting your slow, boring flying in 10.1 . If you don’t like dragonriding then just don’t use it.

1 Like

Link to your source. And is fully unlocking dragonriding and doing content that is inaccessible without it required?

It might be gliding but it’s zoom zoom gliding

1 Like

Rocketing around at like 1,000% speed is so much better than what pleb flying we have now. :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

5 Likes

Mentioned in one of the ion interviews, can’t go looking through them since I’m at work.

You can use your ground mounts if you want. But dragonriding has been almost universally praised for being incredible fun. So I think I’ll be using it.

Old flying is just air swimming.

1 Like