Dragonmaw lore

hopefully we will see more of the dragonmaw!

14 Likes

This single questline was better than the entirety of the last two expansions.

18 Likes

Innovative quest design. Usually you need to kill the monster to advance the quest, but this one dies all on his own.

3 Likes

Dragonmaw are like the Scarlets of Orcs at this point.

2 Likes

That was neat. I hope we see more of the Horde Dragonmaw from now on. Has Gorfax Angerfang been spotted in the alpha ?

9 Likes

Why does this one deserve it? What did he do to earn it?

1 Like

That was all pretty well written. And why I hope we get more stuff like it.

“One cannot deserve dignity. It is the right of all life” is a solid line that sums up the Red Dragonflight’s ideology.

Always interesting to see how older Orcs cope with their past shenanigans as well. Makes for good world building.

17 Likes

For what the Dragonmaw clan did to Alextrazsa and her flight.

The word that rhymes with grape.

1 Like

As the story goes the Orc went to his death in a dishonorable way as far. He accepted death in dishonor. He chose to go in shame due to his guilt.

He believed he had no right to an honorable death and thus let a dishonorable death take him.

In otherwords the greatest shame for an Orc would be to either commit suicide, die from poisoning from someone outside of combat or to die from old age in their sleep.

Of course the Red Dragonflight gave him a memorial even though in his and his Race’s eyes he gave himself the worst punishment possible.

His former enemies and his closest friend will remember him but most of his Race won’t even acknowledge his existence.

He regained some Honor by defying Garrosh yet not all of it and his death shows this. He gained honor from his friend and his enemies yet not the majority his people.

This one gave me chills. That was beautiful

6 Likes

Hell, the Red Dragons tried to find ways to redeem the Black Dragonflight, the key one being Rhea’s experiments that resulted in Wrathion, before they went full on “kill them all” towards the end of Twilight Highlands. And if her response to her kill Malygos order pained her so during the Nexus War, no doubt Alexstrasza felt that was the last course of action she could do and felt guilty for giving it.

2 Likes

Blizzard: Races cannot be guilty of things such as racism or sexism as a whole.
Also Blizzard: Removes trollbane’s racism against Orcs.
Treng: yeah but like having the badge of what orcs did to dragons isn’t doing orcs any favors.
Also Blizzard: quadruple down on orcs who did the thing.

4 Likes

I wanted to cry.

I didn’t because I’m in public, but I wanted to.

I love redemption stories.

Like Saurfang talking to Garrosh in Borean Tundra- this guy is a penultimate Orc. Caught between love of one’s people and love of life itself. A race that quickly rose to power in false pursuit of salvation, found themselves enabling massively evil forces beyond their comprehension, and sincerely wanting to undo the past.

1 Like

A war criminal that tortured kids and butchered them like animals.

Did nothing to redeem himself.

Gets redeemed by a completely unrelated dude that neither experienced or knew about the tragedy.

Wow. Isn’t that just great and a tear jerker?

Completely undeserved.
But I guess thats just a Horde thing, kill babies over and over. Feel bad.
Oh its ok!

Sorry maybe I am being harsh but this is the same celebration of morally reprehensible people escaping any consequence on the merit of “feeling bad” as being the one and only criteria needed to be absolved.
Seriously lame, it reeks of privilage and tone deafness.

I’m pretty sure fighting against Garrosh, Zaela, and Sylvanas was supposed to represent a form of redemption.

But in a sense what you trivialize as “feeling bad” is redemption and rebirth. The character has no seeming connection to his past values and beliefs that enabled him to abuse Dragons. His current values and beliefs regarding the Second War are seemingly in line with yours, mine, and the dragons themselves- effectively making him a new person with little semblance to his younger self except for sharing the meat sack we call a body.

12 Likes

It isn’t and does not absolve him in any way.

Maybe in christianity where accepting christ in your heart somehow is supposed to absolve you of all sin and people should praise you like they would a saint.

Just because a criminal feels bad for wrong doing doesnt make them immune to the horrible things they did before.
This is an extremely cheap “redemption” that does nothing for the victims and serves to absolve the abuser.

They have done this repeatedly.

1 Like

The problem is, people like you don’t actually want the viscous cycle to end. Than you loose everything to complain about how the alliance and etc are the eternal victims

4 Likes

I am asking for genuine redemption stories where the villain.
In this case this old Orc actually makes amends, not this “boohoo I am sad, feel bad for me, in the grace of jesus I am born anew.”

No.

Exactly we have the boohoo me so sad. Me no that kind of Orc.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand another genocide and we repeat this cycle.

1 Like

No one forgave the old orc though. The Dragonkin innkeeper merely helped the younger orc come to terms with his friends passing.

6 Likes

Problem is the audience interprets it as a redemption story.

If that was not the intent they should have been more clear.

1 Like