Dragonflight Warrior Updates

Hello guys,

I main warrior in casual pvp and have for quite some time. After pvping a fair amount as fury this season I have a couple of ideas for changes I would like to see to warrior across the board and want to hear everyone’s take.

The first update I would love to see come to warriors is an update to hamstring. Remove the global CD on this ability again. For many reasons of course but to start at one point this is how our slow functioned. I believe one of the few GCD reversals that was missed coming out of BFA was for hamstring. Not only does this feel immensely better to play on either Arms or Fury, but I have personally noticed that this would help to eliminate the feelbad moment of pressing hamstring as fury in pvp when you are building up for rampage. Especially with hamstring costing rage. Also i would love this change to bring back more specialty with warriors slow. Rogues automatically apply poisons, chains of ice/hand of hinderence are ranged and monks are automatically reapplied if they remain in range.

The second change I would like to see is Arm’s Die by the Sword expanded as our class wide defensive ability replacing Enraged Regeneration for fury and Shield Wall for Prot. I find it strange that warriors are a class that uses different cooldowns for defense based on spec. All hunters use turtle, all mages iceblock, shamans use astral shift, rogues evasion, death knights icebound fortitude. Not only does this thematically fit the best across all warrior specs but would be a great quality of life improvement for fury pvp survivability.

With dragonflight talent trees coming through these are options i would like to be made baseline, especially die by the sword for all specs, but i would atleast love the option to spec into improved hamstring to eliminate the global cd.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I would say no to the Die by the Sword mechanic and get rid of the other defenses for the other 2 specs. I think this is what makes the 3 specs feel differently compared to a class that can only play a dps role.(Since you took Hunters as an example.) (Also a note Die by the Sword was going to only be a talent option for Arms not baseline)

What would be better if your looking for a defensive options is make D stance given a path route all 3 specs can take along with Impending Victory that can be taken early down the trees. You would have some mitigation when your baseline is on CD and or you need that little bit of self healing.

Ignore pain at the moment was given to Arms and Fury to at least help with the mitigation in this expansion, so if you don’t like Ignore pain then that is the only way I can see better self survivability that your looking for in Dragon flight as options.

I enjoy the different defensive abilities. I’d like to see enraged regeneration strat with a higher damage reduction that reduces over the duration of the cooldown. I like the idea of talents on the tree that take an ability off the global cool down. That could allow players to have a bit more say in how the class feels to play.

I would be interested in seeing D stance for arms actually make you go sword and board and change the way you play while in that stance. Giving you shield slam that knocks off buffa and the Overwatch pvp talent that they took away are just a few ideas off the top of my head.

How do you know this? Have the devs talked about the Dragonflight talent trees for warrior yet?

This was during one of the expansions when they were playing around with Arms talent trees once again (BFA or Legion). D Stance was going to be baseline for Arms in the toolkit with Die by the sword being a talent. The big issue was Die by the Sword was going to replace D stance if taken as a talent choice.

The reason I brought it up was the OP wants it part of Fury’s tool kit (I was trying to make it a point why it’s currently baseline for Arms Toolkit) and no nothing is said about the other classes talent trees except Druids and DK’s.

Ok, thank you for the clarification. I have been eagerly awaiting the redesigned talent trees for warriors, that’s why I asked.

No worries at all. I think all of us are.

One point I would like to make though (after playing the with the new trees on WoW Head’s calculator ) is if we want all 3 specs to have defensives like the OP wants is that Arms and Fury’s part of the class tree be on the left and right side, with Protection being in the middle. This will allow both Arms and Fury warriors to chose some defensive stuff from Protection, with Protection able to chose stuff from either Arms or Fury as you go down the class tree.

One big thing I noticed with the talent remake was most of the enhancing utility to the tool kit was done in the specialization tree that you took.