Dragonflight Twitch Drops: Earn The Feldrake Mount Now and Support a Streamer

I dunno if I’d say DESERVE but I’m pretty happy to get it. I honestly really dislike limited-time rewards in a game like WoW because it’s literally designed to be played for YEARS. Which also means that it should have some built in “catch up” mechanics. Like, if you take a break and miss and expansion you should be able to go back and still do everything in that expansion. I’m not saying they have to make it EASIER, just doable.

The only exception that I’m kinda okay with is things like Challenge Mode or Mage Tower but even then, we know they can scale-up encounters. So just make those scale, give us the abilities/gear level that were available at the time and good to go.

I hate the fact that I can’t get the items that I always wanted when I played in Vanilla like the ZG Tiger or Atiesh or even Tier 3 armour. It’s ridiculous that they’ve taken them away and replaced them with (worse) new versions. But even if we accept that they HAD to do that back then ,they didn’t have the technology to have two versions, we know NOW they can. So bring it all back imo.

1 Like

You - deserve - it

The economy here in Europe is currently so badly damaged that the future is uncertain with so many ripple effects going on, that you should enjoy every day you can actually play World of Warcraft to the fullest.

Looking back at this topic and how entitled people are in gatekeeping stuff - in comparison to what goes on in the world - it makes me a little upset that people are so hung up on some stupid mounts and why only a small percentage are allowed to have them.

Same, most of the content should be available, so We don’t drive new players away, I won’t recommend this game to anyone for this kind of approach around FOMO-items.

Asking a stupid question likely… but I enjoy clarity. They say you can watch on the ios/android app and it counts… does that extend to the Kindle app (which I… think… is android based…) Or does that shove it into the strange land of smartTv apps and such.

For those who must know, trying to figure out if I need to wrangle my laptop down or if I can settle for my kindle fire LOL

as many argued and almost everyone agrees to (except for some, but to argue in such extreme ways is unreasonable, just as the other extreme: the Feldrake for a free and mostly without effort promo is adequate), fomo should be abolished.
those players who desire no longer available items should be given a permanent or re-occurring opportunity to earn them via ingame means in ways that honor the spirit of those items; gladiator mounts tied to pvp activities with high skill involvment, scarab lord through efforts that reflect the old way - just to make two examples.

agreed though in that it’s disheartening having to tell smb that they can’t get something anymore.
on the other hand it’s really delightful to mount the X-51, the rhino or to toy around with the ethereal soul-trader pet, to see the spark of intrigue in those players’ “eyes” while being able to tell them that they indeed can still get those items.

I’d like to say not every FOMO-item needs to come back but the questionable behavior displayed by the developers is just immature and absolutely unprofessional.

That’s an older topic I have been updating during the summer. I currently lack the time to add more stuff but that’s my stance on some of the issues, if you’re interested in reading it.

You would think Blizz would want to get more people playing the game, rather than watching someone else play the game. This is just another fail attempt at something like the whole title for watching the MDI.

2 Likes

“watch any eligible channel in the World of Warcraft category on Twitch.”

4 hours later on the wrong channel…

Not so actually. Had a convo with support in which they casually mentioned that they actually didn’t care lol.

Wasn’t too shocking honestly, but in short, “Blizzard Games has no direct control over the market outside of our brand and is undeterred by player assessed value.” - This was both quoted and summarized, so looks a bit wonky lol.

All of this to just say, they want the mounts that were limited and in the hands of collectors to be worth nothing, because mounts should be free. But if you happen to have $25 dollars might I recommend an assortment of Blizzard owned and sold mounts.

Blizz doesn’t hate that we had to spend that kind of money for them, they hate that it isn’t money going to them. Afterall, if you act now and go ahead and purchase 12 months of game time, you can be the proud owner of some new shiny mounts!

My mommie won’t let me use twitch she says preverts hang out there.

I really like how Blizzard seemingly does not even care enough to tend to a such polarizing forum post (a hot topic with more than 2k replies over a short period) to set things right and give some explanation.

I’d love to know what their plans exactly are. But this feels arbitrarily, as if the rewards were added in an afterthought.

So many questions, but not a single blue for any sort of rectification.

Just like even they themselves haven’t figured out where to go and will just sprinkle in TCG rewards whenever they feel like it.

1 Like

Their plans are exactly as stated. They are going to use the TCG items as promotions. Exactly like they were used and have been used since they were created.

The 2k replies are from people screeching about “Muh eliteism” and people poking fun about how ridiculous you’re being over it.

You just don’t like the answer Blizzard is giving and are demanding a different answer that you arent going to get.

The 2k replies are, amongst others, from people voicing their discontent over this situation. Discontent that is absolutely justified.
Mocking and over-generalizing them as “snowflakes” or “wannabe elitists” is quite gross and unfair.

Unfortunately, you are only partially right (if it all). While the codes did also promote the game as a side-effect, they were not created primarily with that intention in mind.

I must have missed their statement then in which they explained how they’re going to give away TCG items for promotions or proceed with them in the future.
But since the evidence is as clear as day as you imply, I’m sure you can point me towards it.
(And I am not demanding a different answer, even though you try to frame it that way)

And while their actions may imply something along the line, they’re so unprecedented that they deserve a “bit” more transparecy.

I don’t see the issue using tcg items as promotional items. They were that for the card game. It just seems like a no brainer.

It’s fine if you’re okay with it. You’re not obligated.
Many, many people though do so.

And it’s really unfair to just dismiss their concerns, as many unfortunately seem to do.

I’ve yet to see a single person who is against the Feldrake coming from Twitch, who aren’t only against it because they liked rubbing owning it in other people’s faces.

I just don’t really see it. If you played the card game and got the card it was a nice little bonus. Now it’s just an overpirced store mount. It has the same value to me. Sure other people will be upset, but what’s done is done. They aren’t going to pull the promotion. Unfortunately it’s not something they can do now I’m sure they’re contractually obligated to Twitch for the cross promotion. But you’re more then welcomed to get triggered over it. You have every right to. It just seems pointless to protest something you have no control over.

I could understand people being upset if the Scarab Lord mount or the Artifact Tower appearances got added as Twitch drops. People actually had to earn those things. But TCG stuff? You either got lucky when buying a pack of cards, paid an exorbitant amount of gold or went to a third party site and paid cash.

Only one of those three could be considered “earning it”, since you had to earn the gold to buy it, but you could have gotten that just by, say, hard core farming herbs or exploiting the WoD garrisons back in the day. So, not exactly the same thing.

1 Like

The 2k replies are from the same 50 or so people, with half complaining about the mount being given away, and the half saying “I have the mount i dont care its being given away.” or trying to “dunk on” the people that are angry over the giveaway.

The codes were literally made to cross promote the WoW game and the WoW TCG. To get WoW players into the TCG by offering in game items and TCG players into the MMO game by making the same offer. They were and always have been Promotional items, not sure what would make you think otherwise. They weren’t added to the TCG to “just be nice.” Its all marketing.

You must have missed that over 10 years ago TCG items were added to the BMAH. Or that Bananas was given away for free to every player last year. Imp in a Ball was buyable for TBC Classic as part of the promotion for Classic. If all of that wasn’t enough of a clue I’m not sure you’re paying attention.

Assuming that an item is limited edition when Blizzard never said any of the TCG items were, and have is just setting yourself up for failure. People that were operating under the assumption of “Blizzard never said they WEREN’T limited though” were operating under some pretty shaky logic.

Always assume an item is NOT limited unless Blizzard specifically says it IS limited. There is nothing unprecedented about what they’re doing unless you’re choosing to ignore the multiple instances contrary to what you believe.

You’re right, and it’s not about swaying them into retracting or changing the reward of course.

It’s just a fact though that those mounts have a high and well established value in the game world.

The 2,2 comments and rising are from about 409 different users so far.

Adding to that the people from equivalent posts in DE, UK, FR and ESP forums, the consensus indeed seems to be that people are happy about the mount coming back.

The comparison though is skewed. This is not a black and white, yes or no question. They could (and should have) brought the mount back, but via appropriate means that reflect how it is perceived by many.

Even people with serious concerns about how the mount is returning are happy with the fact that they will get that mount (a mount many have been seeking for years for its allure… that mostly comes from its rarity.
Give it a few years and most of it will long have faded, for there are so many more beautiful, modern und detailed mounts ingame).

The majority rejects continued FOMO (even though Blizzard does not seem to share this view).

This is a decision unnecessary, unproportional and unprecedented.

But yeah, none of this really matters if you just decide so for the attention it creates, or if you just want the mount and go on about your day.

And the BMAH was a perfectly fine place for those items. And would have been a better place for the Feldrake.

Bananas and the tmog helmets both had their justified discontent to them. But it went rather unnoticed, for the items held not much value or prestige (Bananas was long available at the BMAH and the helmets where available for a long time via the shop).

I did not imply this wasn’t a clue. And it wasn’t an obvious one in that it allowed to draw the conclusion that it would escalate like this.

Everything that happens with TCG in classic is entirely disconnected from retail.

They could return every item to Classic (as they were poised to, appearently) and it would not mean a thing to retail, as they are to separate games.

No idea why they would just stop with that; not add the TCG mount to Classic and instead dedicate a whole new model to it instead of retail?

TCG in Classic is more comparable to TCG in China’s version of WoW - there is no history, nothing that has been established over the years. A fresh start from ground zero.

This holds truth. They never said that. And those who dealt in TCG, bought it as an investment etc. took the risk in a volatile market, especially in digital goods and even more so in this particular case.

I’d argue though that Blizzard could, at the very least, display a little more finesse and attention to detail, instead of just going straight for the axe (or rather ballista in this case).
Because this, in its magnitude, is absolutely unprecedented.