Dragonflight Talents don't Look Good

The new ones look more sleek to me, but ymmv.

I can only speak for disc, but it looks fantabulous.

It may be just my personal experience, but I can say in that personal authority that I changed my Talents FAR MORE OFTEN with the new “streamlined talents” than I ever did with Trees.

Pretty much the only thing I ever changed in Trees was when we had a specific Talent for Axes, Maces, Swords, etc… and you effectively HAD to change your Talent to match.

But for actual gameplay changes? It never happened with Trees.

There exists a subset of players that seem to enjoy attaching dinner plates to their hands with super glue and pondering: can I still juggle 4 bowling balls. And by analogy, take the WORST possible Talent choices and just in general “being goofy” and seeing what they can come up with.

Note in both cases, there’s nothing wrong with that. But don’t try and pretend that any serious player is going to bother with any of those choices. “But it’s fun!!” That’s fine. But don’t pretend it’s PRACTICAL and so in the long run, has no long-term benefit for the purpose of Talents in the first place.

1 Like

There’s some art theory about proper utilization of empty space. I feel like Blizzard overdid it with the trees.

Disc is looking alright for sure. Probably going to be the OP spec again. Holy is looking gutted and Shadow is looking like it’s still in shambles. I like Disc so there’s that but I really wanted to play an improved version of Shadow.

as long as i dont have to make 5000 trips to different covenants to change soulbinds / conduits and or even actual covenants then i am good i will give it a chance.

Yes, the vocal minority, as always.

From what I am hearing from fellow priests… you aren’t wrong. I feel bad for holy even though I would rather eat rusty paint chips than play it. Shadow I don’t really know anything about so can’t comment there.

1 Like

It was a pretty popular opinion among most people. :woozy_face: Sort of like how epic Alterac Valley turtles were which resulted in them making Ashran which is an eternal turtle.

They listen, people just don’t notice.

They’re a waste of time. Current tree was good enough.

I tell ya, Dragonflight better have the most AND best content we’ve ever seen or WoW is finished.

People have been saying that for years.

I feel like we’re starting to abuse this. We hardly know what’s minor and what’s major without actual statistics.

Though anecdotally, I rarely, if ever, saw a talent tree system post. I’m sure people wanted it back, but they were mostly silent because the game is just the way it is (And they were probably used to it and not necessarily that invested in trying to change things).

Shocked me really when Blizz made the announcement.

1 Like

Yeah they were just talking. Things are different now. I really wish people would stop running to that argument lmfao.

If it is something I agree with = silent majority
If it is something I disagree with = vocal minority

GD 101 :wink:

1 Like

Blizzard either genuinely can’t distinguish the right people to listen to or are trying to get some nostalgia points.

These trees were removed for a reason. They failed. No reason to bring them back. This **** is hilarious because they already know they’ll be removed again.

Interesting logic. How can you be sure people wanted it back, if there were rarely posts regarding talents?

You see people complaining about systems and borrowed powers all the time, because they don’t like them.

No such post about talents means players are content with current talents. You can be sure that, if players hate something, they will complain.

Well, past me didn’t know, but future me saw the uproar when it happened. Lot of folks displeased with it (Including myself). Lot of folks willing to fight for it.

I don’t personally see what value it adds to the game. Apparently lots of folks can. Maybe they like change for the sake of change? I mean being content can easily switch when a promise is put right in front of you.

There’s truth in the fact that, for some things, in some situations… people just give up.

Yeah and those people are just running their mouths too. Most of em can’t even clearly explain the actual problem with borrowed power, so they shouldn’t be given any credence.

Of course, regardless the reason of complaining, logical or ridiculous, so many complaints still mean that a lot of people don’t like them.

And it is true that, there were much less posts complaining current talent system on the forum.

But, one of the main reasons is that, since Legion, Blizzard has moved complexity to borrowed power systems.

When borrowed powers are removed in DF, and talents become much more complicated, there will surely be more and more complaints about talents. In fact, it has already started now, since the release of new class talent trees.

2 Likes

Hidden alt posters :woozy_face:

Will DF be the expansion that shows the community why borrowed power is a good thing?