Dragonflight Season 4 is Now Live!

Not going to assume that, just going to give the feedback based on what I currently see.

The buff aura in Mythic dungeons on the PTR says “Player level increased to 70”, but you can’t enter the dungeons if you’re under 70. Any ideas? Would love to test out a couple characters that are ~61ish while testing the new dungeon rotation.

Agreed. After all the talk about Blizz devs trying new experimental stuff I was really hoping to see something new with M+. Except for squishing the key levels there doesn’t seem to be anything new in S4. Even the fated raid mount is the same. Where’s the cool new stuff for retail?

That’s…about how it usually goes, no?

Awakened was the obelisk one in bfa s4, no? :dracthyr_sweat:

AHEAD OF THE CURVE

For heroes working toward the Amirdrassil Feats of Strength, a reminder that you’ll need to obtain Ahead of the Curve: Fyrakk the Blazing before Season 4 begins, and the achievement is no longer available to earn.

Again, Blizzard, this doesn’t tell the whole story. For the last few expansions, even though you have had AotC itself go away, you have allowed the mount reward to remain until the release of the next expansion (x.0 release), which was in keeping with prior AotC mount availability.

Yet instead of confirming this is the case, once again we have to plea for confirmation, because Blizzard is incredibly inconsistent with policy - and we just don’t know if this is the year Blizzard decides to remove the mount along with the achievement.

Noting that with CE, the reward simply becomes a % drop, I don’t know why the AotC mount goes away while the mythic mount remains. Why can’t the AotC mounts just become low % drop rates and call it a day?

In any event, it doesn’t take any effort to just confirm that the skin from H-Fyrakk will (or will not) remain available until 11.0 releases, like you did for the Jailer mount, and the purple dragon mount from N’Zoth, even though in both instances it was a massive tooth pull to get Blizzard to confirm these as well.

Naw, every season normally has new armor sets. Honor/Conquest/Elite

Oh, yeah, I thought you were referring to mounts.

Are there no balance tuning?

This is such a slap in the face to subs. Legit Fated had soooooo much more work done. New dungeons, and raid affixes…and it was done by a very small team. Who worked on this…an intern??? This whole season is under the guise of testing out new dungeon scaling and that’s it? WTF

2 Likes

SoD is getting more content than retail is lol it’s sick

2 Likes

PvP is pretty much dead in the water unless you guys either put in fresh cosmetics, or fix the massive MMR issues. I have literally no reason to bother this season because an enchant is not worth the time and effort it takes anymore for facing glads / R1s for 75% of the season.

Like, is this a “grab the fated mount, or maybe not even if they’re bringing the old one back, and AFK” season?

This doesn’t seem enticing at all, and I no lifed in S4 of SL across both PvE and PvP.

1 Like

The raids are going to be a weekly rotation though, and the line in the article is in reference to dungeons.

There is no affix…that’s the joke…it’s just increased scaling and calling it a season…

1 Like

I was really hoping for a ‘special/bespoke’ mount that was unique for the content, like the SL slime cat.

They’re bringing it back, which is cool, but the new mount is also SL-themed, so I’m honestly gonna pass on it, I don’t really want it lol.

I wish we got an infinite-themed mount, like what M+ is getting.

Something that’d fit DF in theme, not just Ardenweald/Emerald Dream.

don’t you guys have wallets?

Say that to the elitist players who put a wall of requirements in front of us to enter in their groups. Also, “create your own group” it’s not an option for many people.

2 Likes

May I ask why not? It definitely is I’ve always done it this way. Wasn’t till classic I joined a guild for progression, and even then I still pugged cause I just loved tanking and connecting with others. Many ways to form a group do it here on the forums with like minded individuals, discords, LFG chat/Group finder. Plus the faction barrier is down for group content and cross realm, even more people to find and connect with.

3 Likes

But didn’t Shadowland’s Fated Season have four different affixes called Fated Powers?

LFR isn’t raiding, its tourism.

2 Likes

I see four Fated Powers from Shadowland’s Fated Season

1. Chaotic Essence
  2. Creation Spark
  3. Protoform Barrier
  4. Reconfiguration Emitter

I’m not sure which one is the Obelisk, I didn’t experience fated in shadowlands.