Dragonflight Season 4 is Now Live!

It’s definitely not copy paste, I didn’t even really play WoW during SL so I missed the fated stuff.

I’d definitely need to see a source from SL to fully understand what you’re saying, cause I can’t imagine it atm. I just don’t think it’s unrealistic asking to clear normal, helps encourage groups to form and run.

1 Like

When its coming live?

1 Like

It sounds like you were on break for the brouhaha. After marketing it to players as an achievement that could be earned in all difficulties, the Friday before release it was changed so it could no longer be earned in LFR. Players who felt they had been duped into resubbing to do this felt justifiably scammed.

I can tell you feel that “those people” should have no reason to care about a mount that was removed at the last minute from the difficulty they had led to believe they could do it on. Or maybe you sold carries and are intending to sell carries again. This “I should be rewarded for the content I do, but you people should be playing for love of the game only and expect no rewards” is weird, sir. I dunno. If you want players who would have done it on LFR but won’t be able to to unsubscribe and not pay for the development of your content, you’re doing it right.

6 Likes

Big issue in SL but with the nature of things being datamined early is that it creates expectations when it might not have been a part of the plan.

The Hunter Legendary bow was initially datamined as dropping from LFR and likewise with the Slimecat. It doesn’t necessarily mean that was the intention but rather easier to code then adjust/remove.

This time they didn’t create that expectation which is good.

IIRC back then there were a fair bit of guilds helping people get ol’ slimy cat too like a community service kinda thing. No doubt it’ll happen again in S4.

Let’s take the four S1 dungeons away, for the rest 4, you will be having the same experiences playing through four s2 dungeons. How is that interesting to play?

Not everyone forgot the blunder they pulled with the Slime Cat mount.

4 Likes

No, I played the patch pretty extensively. :dracthyr_tea:

Remember expac taking longer/nothing new from seasons/ all cause gotta update plunderstorm cause thats what streamers want

2 Likes

Who needs them? A group of all lfr players could absolutely pug normal if they were willing to learn the few different things. Post it up in LFG and win.

Right, ugly and can’t fly. Nobody cared about that one except the hardcore mount collectors who are never using it anywayz but need that +1

Iirc they marketed it as available in fated raids, which were not specified to include lfr at the time.

Pretty sure these are the new dinars.

@Blizzard - Can you confirm or deny if Cutting Edge Fyrakk is going away with the S4 launch?

Watch that video, it was in the live game before being changed last minute.

Weapons / trinkets cost 2 dinars each.
Are we still going to only get 3 total dinars?

This is far more concise than 10 minutes of clickbait. :dracthyr_love_animated: Also looks like we might be able to buy the ugly slime catto for doing fated stuff this season.

All PvPers are getting is two mounts? One of which is Gladiator, so basically 1 mount for 99% of PvPers.

Why couldn’t y’all at least recolor the armor?

How is it that Plunderstorm has more unique cosmetics than the entirety of S4?

2 Likes

do we know what the Awakened affix does yet?

Wait so, at least on ptr right now the tier sets are the same colors we already had and the elite weapons for pvp are the same ones from this season (s3)?

I understand S4 is just rehashing the expansion again in a patch where we’d normally get downtime, it was a good idea, but it would be nice to have something be a little new every time we get to season 4 in terms of cosmetics outside of recolored glad mount and recolored fated mount. No real incentive to play for those who want to collect transmog if you already played s1/2/3.

Really should think about recoloring the tier sets and also adding new elite weapons or recolored elite weapons.

1 Like

Disappointed in no “experimental” features (other than dungeon scaling, which is basically unchanged for players doing +12 or higher (new +2s))

why not try the “no affix” dungeon season that I’ve seen people asking for?

also how about accelerated gearing (double crest drop rates) since it is a shorter season?

Most likely PH tints just meant to get the gear out there for testing. Appearances can be changed later.

FRESH POWERFUL MEANINGFUL REWARDS

who writes this stuff? get a grip

1 Like