Dragonflight Season 4 Content Update Notes

They removed the “all raids awakened” from the original post when they made this change, so I doubt that will be the case.

woohoo this tues im ready…I am hoping the remix comes very soon after that because I gonna to make a new char… for my warband

1.worgen destro warlock-main
2. worgen fire mage
3.worgen bm hunter
4. dracthyr-devestation evoker

my worgen warband lol…

what can I say I love worgens

Doubt it, it’s how it worked in SL S4

I am disappointed that it has been decided the Awakened raid will switch every week instead of every 2 weeks like was originally posted. For raid teams that have not done the previous season content, this means a lack of continuity between weeks and not being able to lockout save to try and push content forward and see all bosses at (scaled) Mythic difficulty.

Would you mind explaining why this every week roulette was chosen over every 2 weeks?

2 Likes

Agency is all well and good until we see how that agency causes guilds to break up and hurt the overall game or until guilds start having very convoluted ways to make sure everyone gets what they want but having peoples alts built into a spreedsheet. Sometimes it is the job of a developer to save players from themselves.

There has been no one saying any change to the week 7 situation which is basically them saying they expect everyone to have most of a set by then and if not just run everything to maximize your BiS for the second half of the season.

Hate this. We’ll have guildies who didn’t do these raids earlier. And completing progression in a single week cold is a lot to expect. I had thought the two weeks was a huge improvement over Shadowlands where the constantly shifting raids was not fun.

2 Likes

it appears that there is a recurring pattern wherein significant achievements within the game are swiftly followed by actions that undermine their impact. There seems to be a noticeable gap in alignment between the development team and the evolving dynamics of the game. Reflecting on past experiences, there was a sense of resonance when Community Managers and Developers actively engaged in gameplay, which fostered a more responsive approach to addressing community concerns and implementing adjustments.

1 Like

Yah, there actually is enough healing in the game to do even HIGHER keys. The issue is being able to survive the outgoing damage at all. A 1 hit is a 1 hit.

Part of the core piece of my view is that the vast majority of players in the game are not going to see a noticeable change. If the highest you raid is Heroic and you’re not doing keys higher than 24, these nerfs aren’t gonna be noticed. Especially because the only specs being nerfed are HPS parsing specs which have overperformed this season.

And in M+ deaths are rarely caused by a healing issue in the first place. It’s usually gonna be missed defensive or poor positioning.

This is pretty atrocious for what is meant to be a victory lap season.

Assuming players would be going for 3-6 items from the bullion vendor, covering Mainhand / Offhand (if not 2h user), 2x trinkets, and then 2-3 of the ‘very rare’ items in other slots such as Sark Cloak / Rings you’ve effectively made it a pain in the rear to get the items a player would want to gear up with from 6 weeks (1.5months) to 12 weeks (3 months), which is just so poorly timegated and would reduce engagement as opposed to increase it leaving people back to the same cycles of just raid logging and not bothering to interact with M+.

Especially when this season is going to be stagnant alongside the release of MoP remix which will further divide the playerbase.

2 Likes

We actually liked the 2-week schedule to refamiliarize ourselves with the old fights. Instead of changing the schedule, which no one in this thread or on wowhead was really complaining about, why not address the thing that everyone is actually complaining about and allow the raids to be un-awakened for those still farming rewards for their teams?

3 Likes

Want to chime in and mention that I really miss seasonal affixes. In Shadowlands we had mostly really good / fun seasonal affixes, then the whole idea was killed after one stinker in DF S1.

Encrypted, Shrouded, even Tormented and Prideful were fun. Even with rotating dungeons it’s FUN to have powerful things to play around in dungeons. Current affix set is really bad and I think over the course of DF M+ affixes moved in the wrong direction.

1 Like
  • Revival Catalyst charges have been reset to 1. One charge is earned each week (was every 2 weeks).

This will no doubt make some or most happy

And if the reward is just the dungeon portal, kinda feels anti-climactic for those who already got all the portals in s1 & s2. Feels like there should be some sort of new cosmetic or title or something.

1 Like

Either way, I’d much rather have a recycled kara or icc raid. There are tons of old raids to choose from.

1 Like

Does this mean it will be like in Shadowlands, where the raids are “Fated” on a weekly rotation and tuned to S4, and the non-Fated raids are going to be equivalent to S3? Because I’m wondering if this change is going to make farming the Mythic Fyrakk mount easier to harder.

If it’s like Shadowlands, it should be easier; go in to Amirdrassil on a non-Awakened week, with +30 ilvls from the season, kill boss.

Or will the boss be tuned to those ~30 ilvls, making it equally hard or harder than it is at this present moment?

Can anyone confirm?

That’s a really unfortunate change with the timing of raid rotation. I rather dread the idea of trying to re-teach a raid to my guild only to have that reset in a week. At the very least it won’t be remembering raid mechanics AND a rotating cast of affixes to lean (which I absolutely despised in SL 4. Kiss/curse baloney - all curse that either didn’t affect healers or made our jobs even harder)

No they aren’t lmfao.
VDH is a massive outlier.

What is this based on? Sounds like a weird decision considering S4 is meant for y’all to try new things out.

1 Like

There is a reason why the top 15 tanks are VDH

And out of the top 40 tanks in M+ all but 5 are VDH

And out of the top 100 all but 9 are VDH

And not a monk and or war in top 100 tanks

Just make them all fated period or don’t due it at all no reason to place it under a weekly rotation, it’s a victory lap as blizzard stated. Let people do what they want.