Dragonflight S1 Raid Participation is DOA

THey should make it so it is not so people can’t do a roll to help their buddy out and also make it so people only get popup for items they can actually equip .

Personally I say the best solution is keep the PL and remove all of the trade restrictions.

Let us decide what we want to keep or give away . Most of us have said we would be willing to give a higher ilvl item away if it doesn’t have the stats we need/want.

:laughing:

Nothing like seeing someone win a need roll on an item you need and give it to their friend.

Oh, here’s another hilarious scenario - tank requesting players boot plate players in lfr to increase his odds or threatening to leave. Or join lfr with 20 people and boot the last 5 players who can roll on loot until they can’t.

God, this system is so bad. So, so, soooo bad.

Ion is such a troll.

3 Likes

Not really. If no one will equip it because the stat is basically useless for their spec, the result is completely and totally the same, i.e. it gets disenchanted or sold and no one gets the benefit from it aside from enchanting mats or minimal amounts of gold.

Additionally, this solves the problem of loot dropping that while technically being an i-level upgrade for someone but is not needed yet is untradeable because “upgrade” (i.e. two-handed stave vs. perfectly statted main/off-hand), Is it the best solution? Maybe, maybe not. Yet at least I won’t have to disenchant a soulbound item that I don’t need and won’t use when someone else could really use it because it’s a significant upgrade for them.

I get that this isn’t necessarily a problem for you personally, thus you probably don’t care. But it IS a problem for others. This is a good compromise between the “I want personal loot” vs. “bring back master loot” groups.

Thank you, Blizzard!

Honestly, for queued content like LFR they should probably keep personal loot. Maybe make a suggestion in the original thread of that nature. I too remember that happening in Dragon Soul LFR and it can be frustrating.

• While inside Vault of the Incarnates, Group Loot will be the only method of loot distribution. There is no option to select for yourself or your group to return to Personal Loot.

I don’t get it. Why are they so hellbent on always doing the most dumb thing when the easiest solution is to give players a CHOICE.

Group Loot is great for guilds, it’s awful for pugging.

This is the death of the raid pug.

Note they said “Group Loot” and not Need Before Greed. TBF, they said they want to make rules to when you can click Need, but they aren’t clear what those would be.

People win items they don’t need with PL to give to their friends all the time. It’s called armor stacked groups it’s been around for years.

While I think it should be optional and not forced, I feel a system that encourages bringing a variety of classes instead of class/armor stacking to game the loot tables is better.

But who knows, players will cry no matter what happens that’s WoW in general. PL hasn’t been free from criticism, especially with how it forces necks/rings to constantly drop because they are on everyone’s loot table.

If I’m in a pug and I see the dice light up, I click the dice. I don’t care about anyone else in the group. Everyone will do this, so if you don’t do this, you’re going to lose out. Especially important to win items early so that if something you want drops, you have something in your bag to bargain with to get it.

ML for guilds, PL for pugs would have been perfect and cause the less discontent.

1 Like

Sometimes its okay to apply common sense without direct confirmation. I can 100% guarantee you that a warrior will not be able to roll need on an AGI bow against a hunter. Unless it is an unintended bug or something that would get fixed quickly.

But that still leaves that anyone that can roll need, in a pug, will roll need, regardless of actual need.

Because in a pug, that’s what you use to trade for your most desired items. Win all those rings, useless armor pieces, necks and cloak, and trade for that Trinket you want.

2 Likes

Oh yeah absolutely. If it goes live as group loot only it will kill pugging for a significant amount if people. And add a bunch of drama to less tight-knit guilds as well. There’s no reason to not have an option for PL as well.

Group loot has been out of the game so long people forgot how it works and this thread shows.

People here are misremember what happened in Dragon Soul. People being able to need roll on every item was a bug that got fixed pretty quickly and there were quite a few other major bugs going on with LFR that resulted in guilds getting temp banned.

Yeah I don’t miss that. I remember getting my thor’idal or whatever it was called on my rogue because no hunters were in the group.

1 Like

Not exactly but you’re gonna get people rolling need on downgrades for cosmetics, you’re gonna get people rolling need on multiple of the same item and winning them all then ignoring people when the ask for the duplicates… stuff like that.

Big, big difference between opt-in stacking and opt-out stacking. Getting your friend to help you is one thing. Bullying another player out of a queued instance and/or double-teaming them is another.

If Blizzard wants to let this system exist in Normal and above, that’s one thing, but Group Loot in LFR is such a %%%%ing meme, and this will be such a mess if Creation Catalyst isn’t open day one because you WILL end up in scenarios where people have to run LFR for their tier and the amount of degenerate antics and bullying to improve your chances to get tier is beyond gross… and this is literally encouraged by Blizzard directly.

Queueing with 5 of your plate friends is not the same thing as voting to boot players out of the instance if they can roll against you. It simply isn’t.

1 Like

Group loot in anything that isn’t a controlled guild environment is a meme.

2 Likes

I doubt it will be in LFR but this is Blizzard after all…

There’s literally nothing in the post that stipulates that Personal Loot will remain in LFR.

While inside Vault of the Incarnates, Group Loot will be the only method of loot distribution.

And honestly, I can see Blizzard being lazy and not wanting to code Personal Loot “if it is only going to be used in LFR”, without taking into consideration a LOT of people play LFR.

1 Like

I think people are reading a lot into the Thread title “Dragonflight Season 1”. But ultimately, forced group loot is for tomorrow’s raid testing :

Without further ado, here’s what’s in for tomorrow:
Group Loot: * While inside Vault of the Incarnates, Group Loot will be the only method of loot distribution. There is no option to select for yourself or your group to return to Personal Loot.

It’s again one of those situations where the fine folks at Blizzard continue to prove they have no idea how to actually communicate.

1 Like

Blizzard can nip this whole thing in the bud by saying that LFR will be personal loot then. Seems like an obvious statement to make.

2 Likes

That would require transparency. Not exactly a word known in Irvine.

1 Like

Indeed. Clarity about their inner workings and current trajectories is about as opaque as the breast milk they love to steal.

2 Likes