Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

Nope, that’s the blood elf base-model

look at her thighs and hands. its based on a female human. look at her idling pose. female human. if that was a female blood elf, she’d have thinner thighs, longer more elegant fingers and she would lean to one side. in fact, the lore for it supposedly mentions neltharion or whoever it was that created the drac, took the first two people he encountered, one of which was a female human and presumably a high elf male (presumably because drac were created way before arthas so no blood elves yet)

1 Like

True however, Chromie isn’t a real person with real dysphoria. So, to help curb dysphoria for the trans women who want to play as a dracthyr (and not have to look at that ugly human based visage form). Using the logic of visage magic that it can take a giant dragon, and turn into a little gnome. Is it impossible to alter very little to the base dracthyr form to have minor secondary female characteristics?

Also if anyone says it’s too much work to make that kind of alteration this late. I work on avatar models for VRChat using an open-source program. So if a company worth over 60b can’t manage to use their new character creation system made during WoD to do it, it’s time to jump ship. it’s not that hard and could be done by one person. in less than 10 minutes if it’s anything as simple as unity.

Yep, you are right and I’m wrong - they are based on the human model
I still don’t quite see the issue at hand, but you are right though
So… what’s the actual issue with the models then?

1 Like

the males are based on super models and the females are based on the girl next door.

I’d say, it’s more like they were slapped with a homely stick in comparison to the male visage.

1 Like

i like the geisha make up but dang duck lips not quite right lol

2 Likes

Considering not even Alexstrasza slaps a pair of funbags on when she is in her dragon form, their idea of “secondary female characteristics” and the mammalian idea of “secondary female characteristics” must be very different. :woman_shrugging: The only time you see a scaly bosom in-game is when the being in question was formerly a race that had them. I guess Neltharion had other things on his mind when he created the Dracthyr.

2 Likes

The dragon form will have its own set of unique pre-set “transmog” but normal transmog will NOT affect dragon form, only visage form.

Once again: Alextraza like Chromie not a real person with real problems. They don’t have to add boobs, a larger breast bone would be just fine. ( You know how a shirt looks over a woman’s chest correct? no real definition of breasts but there’s a shape that distinguishes it from a washboard. Think along those lines. It doesn’t need to be exaggerated with a crease at the bottom, but more like a large A cup.) Also, there are other secondary sex characteristics other than breasts. :slight_smile:

but they already have secondary male characteristic options, especially since the new update, like large arm muscles, wide shoulders and a nearly straight waistline. why only male? thats not non binary. not that i mind the new masculine version. i think they look cool with the bigger muscles.

There is no “larger breastbone” in the current four-legged dragon models, why would that suddenly be a thing for a draconic race made by a dragon? The playerbase didn’t seem to have any problems with perception since–I don’t know, Vanilla? But suddenly, here we are.

If you think that’s exclusive to males, I can’t help you.

2 Likes

I see the lizitty debate is still raging.

2 Likes

if you think breasts are exclusive to females, i can’t help you either. just admit it - dracthyr are a race for non binaries and guys. the only reasons women would want to play them is if they are reptile fans or they really like the female human model.

It’s like they have never seen Onyxia and Nefarian :woman_shrugging:

Ah yes, because only men can grasp the concept of playing a character that looks different from them.

That’s why I only play characters with my particular purple skintone and ear mutations.

3 Likes

pretty sure the aspects who transformed into females, had some hint they were ladies, like jewelry or something.

Visage magic, and you defeated your own remark you are correct there is no breast bone on the four-legged dragons because they are not the four-legged dragons :slight_smile:

The problem is they are playable now and it’s different. a playable character is an in-game representation of the player.

Right, that most conspicuous of sex characteristics, jewelry

3 Likes

well at least its something. otherwise, a dragon is just a dragon. i mean they dont have any other characteristics to suggest gender.