Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

YES!! Hell yes!! The different body types! THIS is the main thing I wanted with the Dracthyr. THANK YOU, Blizzard! This is definitely a step in the right direction. I’m hyped for this new expansion. First time in a long time I’ve felt this much excitement for a new expansion. I’ve wanted a playable dragon type of race since I started playing back in vanilla. After all these years it’s nice to see that want finally happening.

28 Likes

With respect, can you please enlighten the rest of us as to what exactly it is you want in regards to “Dragon people” ?

1 Like

Correct. Dragons aren’t real. And the ones we’ve seen in game have zero difference between male and female. Why would these be different?

27 Likes

I’m kind of the opinion they should have only been shades of red green blue black and yellow, but I’m not going to lose my mind over the white option. I still hope the transmog isn’t a crapshow.

1 Like

They dont even look like Warcraft’s dragons except in the most generous sense. The facial structure is completely wrong, and if you think they dont look like furry fanart you’re literally delusional.

I want them to look like dragons. Warcraft dragons. These objectively do not.

31 Likes

I hope we can see similar body size options added to other races in the future. I know that full on body scaling isn’t really a realistic ask for WoW, but if you can do those body size variants for Dracthyr, you can do them for every race no?

12 Likes

Couldn’t say, I don’t spend a bunch of my free time looking at furry fanart.

They look like dragon people to me.

41 Likes

Why do you assume that they have sexual dimorphism, and that it wouldn’t be the other way where the female is larger?

Even amongst mammals on Earth the dimorphism isn’t always male larger. For reptiles it’s quite often that the Female is larger.

22 Likes

“but they dont look like the dragons that live in my back yard”
sheesh
they look amazing

19 Likes

I’m actually surprised at the amount of customization shown. Well done.

7 Likes

Still no mogging for the Jar Jars.

5 Likes

Because these models are awful and need to be redone entirely. How do the breasts of the female form suddenly vanish into non-existence when transforming into a dragon and go flat chested? Yet the actual flat chested males go right into…being flat chested dragons as is logical. They look like some kind of dragon disney would design for some animated movie.

Look at Jake Long’s dragon from from his animates series(the beefy muscular form), THAT was the best dragon form for a humanoid-transformation character ever.

7 Likes

:rofl: The library is closed. :nail_care: :books:

1 Like

So you wanted playable dragon-dragons and not dragon people?

The visage form? The full transformation they use to fit in with mortal races? Why would that have anything to do with their actual form?

35 Likes

Is that what I said?

1 Like

Because that’s like saying if She-Hulk could transform from human to green hulk form, but her breasts vanished in the process. They badly need to redo all these models while they have time. In the end thought, this will end up being a disappointing race if they continue to ignore our feedback and stand by these awful models.

1 Like

This looks really good and I’m excited for them, but I’m also kind of … I don’t know, envious?

Like, this is the most customization any model in the game has. It goes beyond what any of the existing player models have, and we’re already at huge amounts of disparity post-Shadowlands. Tauren, Humans, Night Elves, and Blood/Void Elves have more than every other race, and that’s not even including that most Allied Races didn’t get anything. So it kind of feels bad to see that all of the new player customization options are very clearly going into something new when the original stuff wasn’t finished to a level of parity.

It sort of adds to this feeling of, “Oh, well the WoW team is only ever going to work on their next big thing, and anything they started that didn’t get done in time is just going to be forgotten forever.” Like how four races still don’t have Heritage Armor sets. How half of the races never got a full Shadowlands customization overhaul. How those Stage 2 and Stage 3 armor set appearances from Warlords of Draenor were never added back to the game even though we were assured they would be after the Profession Squish. There’s just this trend of half-finished features and overhauls that kind of has me worried for the future, honestly.

14 Likes

Looks good. I like the 4th bulky option. Just wiating for the armor now.

4 Likes

For the love of everything blizzard. Please… Please… Please… Make an option to have the Dracthyr stand with feet evenly apart. Please… I do not want to have the one foot forward like all the other models you reskinned. Dragon feet parallel to one another… Thank you for your time even if you do not read this.

5 Likes