Dragonflight: Making It with Professions

You can’t please everybody, all they can do is make an effort to improve what the majority seem to want. I personally got out of the professions other than gathering for gold, but even that became not really worth the time for me. I am looking forward to this new way of doing it… sure there will be a learning curve but that does keep it from getting boring imo. Thx for your efforts in this expac Blizz… looking forward to it after almost moving on from WOW.

1 Like

Im excited that Blizz is at least attempting to add to this gameplay loop, crafting has always been lackluster in WoW, even with there being easy examples of amazing Crafting systems to copy from (i.e. SWG). I hope it gains traction and breaths life into another group of interested players, sure you’ll always have your lazy players who dont want anything complicated, well they can just purchase goods from the AH. Crafting should be another portion of gameplay that is complicated and takes devoted time to being good at, as well as being equal to what you can get from end game PvP and Raiding.

2 Likes

It’s not that complicated if you are a purchaser:

1. you win the soulbind mats in a raid/bg/M+
  2. search for the item you want to commission at the Work Order station in the capital city
  3. click Track to add mats list to your objectives
  4. buy any materials/optional reagents/missives from the nearby AH/someone’s Bruto
  5. Fill in the work order & add a reasonable commission (e.g. 10% of the mats cost)
  6. Wait for a crafter to fulfil
  7. Collect from the mailbox
    If step 6 is taking a while, or you want to be sure of the finished item’s quality, try asking Guildies or in trade chat & commission a private order instead.

For crafters it’s much simplified as you no longer have to relist stuff you don’t think will sell:

1. View the work orders for your craft
  2. Accept one that you can create
  3. Craft at a nearby station
  4. Complete the order & wait for the payment in the mail
    Learning the craft is the hard part (which is what the commission payment is for).

They fixed putting SL enchants on vellums. In the process they broke putting enchants from prior expansions on vellums…

Didn’t read.

The vellums work fine for me. I just hit the Optional regents box, pick the vellum, and hit enchant. Puts that baby right in my bag. Have not had a problem with it at all. Only time you do is if you try and add the vellum in the box manually, or try to hit enchant and then click a vellum.

Do it the way i said, and no problems.

Thats great and all, but you NEED TO raid,M+, or high end PvP to get the mats to make even a half way decent piece.

So thats leaving a huge portion of the player base with their hands on their butt not interacting with what is billed as a revamp for the casual/open world players. Ion even said this revamp is for the open world players.

Stupid complicated tbh. Can craft just about anything without stepping foot in FF raids!

Some people actually did want this and appreciate it. Most that are complaining don’t generally craft and simply buy stuff they want anyways.

yeah…just read thru a LITTLE of that post…wow…what a convoluted mess…
OVER complicated…AND…
once again…you want the mats - you are forced to do dungeons/raids…
wonder how many non raiders/myth + people are gonna just bow out? lol
good luck getting their pots from this alchemist…
I say all us actual makers/gatherers go on strike…
this is ridiculous

lol…like…WHO…in their right mind would want an overly complicated/confusing as all get out, system like this? I only had to read the first few paragraphs to know this is completely messy…

Just wanna pick my weeds, and mix’em up…I don’t wanna mess with steps, and special ingredients, and etc etc etc etc etc…good grief…

dragon riding…and…this…? 3 years huh? lol

first the ui changes and now this? wow players really will complain about anything huh? “just wanna pick my weeds, and mix’em up… no steps or special ingredients?” so you wanna play farmville? not an rpg? go do that then! im very happy professions are finally looking interesting lol this seems cool.

1 Like

Whelp, for the second expansion in a row, you’ve left Archaeology in the dust, which is such a shame. I kinda wondered why I wasn’t digging up things in the shadowlands that hinted at the creation of the cosmos, especially in Zereth Mortis, finding fragments of The First Ones. Then again, int he previous expansions, we’ve had archaeology projects that were linked to a specific race, so finding fragments in the world of death probably made no sense, but if we were able to complete demon dig sites in Legion… why not the world of death? Maybe because time had no meaning in there… yet the years did pass between BFA and DF.
And come ON!!! DRAGONS! Why aren’t we finding new dig sites around the dragon isles? The Explorer’s League and the Reliquary are certainly making new discoveries by delving into ruins and trying to restore old draconic buildings and such. Why the heck am I not taking a part of this? I was hoping you’d bring archaeology back this expansion.
Instead, I see the work you did with the newest expansion, giving them perks of their own (not too different from when I gathered herbs in Legion, pick flowers and you might get more or get special buffs. This time it’s amplified to the zilionth degree methinks). Yet you left poor archaeology in the dust. I was hoping for new rare projects to shoot for. Restore artifacts, get a toy, pet, or mount, and I would have been happy. But no, you gave loving attention to all the main professions and continued to ignore archaeology. How could you pass it up? How could you forget?
By the next patch, I hope to see a shine on my survey equipment. Actually, I kinda expect it. I mean seriously? Why aren’t there draconic archaeology fragments? One idea for a rare reward - a unique set of dragon armor that can be transmoged for any class! A dragon whelping pet called “Ancient Primal Whelpling” maybe (not sure if thats taken or already created for some other collection means). Why not a rare reward for the dragonriding mounts that actually shows off the hours you put into learning and working on that particular profession?

1 Like

Curious how this will stand the test of time. First time in a while that I am playing at the beginning of the expansion and I am enjoying the revamp. But, a lot of time will need to be invested in professions. If you are a late comer, there may not be much incentive to pursue a profession without some sort of catchup mechanic. However, implementing a catchup mechanic for this new feature may invalidate a large portion of it.

Curious to see how this will grow/develop and how Blizzard will address it.

1 Like

already feels horrible, everything I crafted was sold for a fraction of its make cost, 200k in and only at 85/100 enchanting, every point after is like 30k, muchless the endless farming the world for 1 point at a time extreemly rarely

1 Like

Well here we are a month in, and the work orders system is hot garbage.

Any plans to fix that Blizzard?

They can’t fix whats impossible to fix. M+, raiding, and rated PVP is removing any reason to put in orders for crafted gear. This system depends on a low crafters - high consumer demands. When everyone and their grandma has an alt that can do it themselves, there’s no need for anyone else to do it.

2 Likes