Dragonflight: Making It with Professions

Blizzard are aiming to make different parts of the game attractive to different people. People heavily engaged in gold making / crafting / professions have wanted growth in this space for a long time.

3 Likes

Invalid, no. But definitely low priority the weeks before the expansion.
Would only be prioritized if this was giving players some kind of advantage – those are the bugs the devs fix quickly.

1 Like

(Based on beta)
You can eventually get enough points to master everything, but it will take a long time and a lot of dedication. Resetting is absent but that makes sense because otherwise people would just reset constantly based on what they are doing that day. Even if you added XXXX gold cost, people would still reset as soon as a new emergent market presented itself and instantly ruin the market. This allows natural markets to form where everyone can’t just immediately bandwagon it.

2 Likes

Low priority?
There’s been a multitude of low priority fixes that they have pushed out, one was just this reset. (gold nerfed from old raids again, due to the recent Ilvl increase for IE.) I don’t want to hear about this nonsense about low priority, when fixes like this are pushed.

This will be a great addition to the game. I played ESO for a bit and the crafting system on that game always made me wish the professions had more use in WoW. I’m glad professions and crafting will play a bigger role now. It’s nice to be able to log in and continue progression on your toon without you needing to do a dungeon, raid, battleground, or arena. I think a lot of players will even enjoy just being able to log in and complete work orders to earn some gold. It’s a fun and relaxing part of gameplay that I think some players won’t understand until they genuinely want to explore what profession will have to offer.

2 Likes

It looked possible to eventually max out on beta when there was a daily quest for specialization points. If that’s only going to be a weekly … I’m a bit lost.

Can’t wait to get crafting order tips of 100 gold for a mythic item lmaooo

1 Like

If that’s accurate we’re in for a repeat of the Shadowlands complaints that its too grindy so its basically just a massive gold sink if you don’t get it maxed out early.

Are there at least a catchup mechanisms for people that start late for whatever reason or are they just up a creek?

1 Like

The irony of this being posted at the same time they failed to fix enchanting is staggering.

2 Likes

No, you are wrong.
They don’t.
Don’t know why you would think that.

BTW, this was hotfixed earlier today. Guess I was wrong lol.

Never liked doing professions in this game tbh. To boring imo. Only time I even bothered leveling any profs was during Wod. And that is because there wasn’t much else to do in that xpac. Would probably get into doing them on occasion, if they were to bring back something like the garrison trading post.

well least its fixed now, it almost took them a month lol.

Edit: oh its only temporary? wth did they break lol

I do not like the filter system. Have the expansion you are leveling available as you do it, not have to filter it to find it.

The public system is gonna hurt :smile:

It is definitely grindy compared to past WoW professions. It appears Blizzard wants people to focus on it (or not). As far as being “caught up” - it works in a unique way. You get a bulk of permanent points early and a trickle of extra points as time goes on. If a person comes to the party late, they will be in a unique position - they have not spent their specialization points yet and can do some base level research on the market to pick the best gold maker at that time. Meanwhile, anyone who pounded out a different spec in week 1/2 is now stuck with a slower trickle and unable to adapt to changing markets as quickly.

Rushing to be first to market will absolutely make gold. Then 3 weeks later when everyone has spent their points, there will be holes that need filled and those will make gold.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate for me. When they announced they were redoing crafting I was hoping they’d make it less annoying, not more. I suppose I’ll be one of the “not” crowd again and stick with selling ores.

So, if I’m understanding it correctly, there’s no actual catchup mechanism. You just have to hope your ability to judge the market is enough to outweigh the fact that you simply don’t have as many points as everyone else.

You’re expecting it’ll take about six weeks before you’re gold-making prospects get pretty minimal for crafting then? I can’t imagine there’ll be too many valuable niches that don’t get filled by first or second wave crafters.

1 Like

Yeah, you may be in a position where picking up gathering professions are better. Skill trees related to them are just pure “upside” like gathering more or getting higher quality.

If there is a hard catchup mechanic, I didn’t see it.

I think this would be based on server. For a large server you can expect every mix of something will get done pretty early (but then it depends on how much the person plays and posts). For small servers, you may hit instances where gear spots just aren’t filled out by normal players. Easiest example would be blacksmithing - most blacksmiths are likely war / pally / DK. When thinking of what crafting to spec into, most people would say “weapon best me go weapon” - so there may be solid gaps down the line in plate belts, plate boots, etc.

Remember how lots of people got mad about all the systems that Shadowlands had? Systemlands?

You guys really can’t help yourselves, can you? Spending points that you grind out using some currency that you have to grind out even more is not fun. It’s filler. Stop.

I haven’t done the professions yet but I’m planning to … and if they suck I’m gonna come back here and be grumpy about it.

What if I don’t want to take my crafting game to the next level?

I just want to smack things.

1 Like