Dragonflight M+ Healing Not Fun

I’ve been main healing M+ since Legion. Playing the healing role as never been as unfun in keys as it is right now for two reasons.

1. Healer DPS is unrewarding. Weaving dps spells between healing spells requires a great deal of effort and focus and is totally unrewarding. Most keys I end up with 5.8 - 6k overall. That is pathetic given how much work is required. Might as well not even press dps spells at all which in my opinion massively takes away from the fun of healing keys.

2. Tanks do more healing than the healer. Yeah I know meters are not everything…but they are a lot. Most people gauge performance of someone off the meter regardless of how flawed thinking it is. When the tank outheals the healer, it makes your role look less important.

These two factors have really eroded the fun of healing keys. Bring up healer damage and bring down tank healing.

19 Likes

As a resto druid my damage is fine adding in cat weaving. Also don’t recall ever been out healed by a tank.

2 Likes

Blood DKs usually are number 1 healer in keys.

5 Likes

I’m generally not getting outhealed by anything but blood DKs in overall, and my damage is usually around the 12k mark on both holy and disc - and I’m not using the higher damage disc build.

If you’re at 5.8/6k, you’re either committing too much to healing, you’re pushing beyond your gear, or your group is eating a ton of stuff they shouldn’t be.

Not trying to say you’re playing wrong or anything, but I’ve just had a very different experience, and I’ve seen more people compliment the healer this expansion than previous.

1 Like

This feels significantly easier than Shadowlands on release.

My rotation must be off because I think the highest dps I have done so far as disc has been 8k. And that was with a glacial phial. Share your secrets oh wise one lol.

And no more role nerfs please.

Glacial phial, Purge the wicked spread everything, use halo/dstar on CD, build up harsh discipline and use it in schism windows, keep a crystalline reflection shield on the tank when you can is pretty much my gameplan. Also I try to use shadowfiend whenever I PI someone else for both more damage and mana.

If I went twilight equilibrium and didn’t take aegis, I’d make sure to always empower halo/dstar in packs followed by mindgames and purge the wicked empowerment. If you go shadow covenant - currently you want to use halo/dstar outside of shadow covenant because it actually doesn’t buff their damage, and it’s easier to get it empowered that way. That probably will change after the 10.0.5 changes. Honestly, after that patch, void summoner might even be the call.

Also if don’t mind about an hour of grinding, the damage ring from the cobalt assembly actually can just add 1k dps. It’s a lot better than the healer ring and it’s 389 crit/haste.

1 Like

My group when I’m pushing keys usually puts me around 38k-40k HPS. Everyone getting destroyed.

3 Likes

Oooo I hadn’t thought about the dps cobalt ring-thanks!! I think I forgot about the empowered purge :woman_facepalming: Will have to work on being more intentional with my rotation. Thanks bunches :slightly_smiling_face:

That could be why then. I just thecked my last 2 pugs:

+11 HoV: 17k hps 11.4k DPS overall.
+11 Nokhud: 20k hps 12k DPS overall.

When I look at individual bosses or pulls, there’s points where I spike up to 35-40k or something, like Hyrja or the Raging Tempest boss, but in the overall, it’s not too bad.

I could just be getting very lucky with my pugs. My experience is anecdotal after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Holys damage got nerfed when they made Empyreal Blaze a 60s cd instead of 30s. Also, some of these dungeons are so healing intensive you get little time to prioritize gcds on damage. Either way: Holy is getting a DPS buff come 10.0.5. I don’t know by how much I need to test on the PTR.

To put things in perspective in some dungeons I can do 8-12k dps and others I do 4-5k.

1. This doesn’t mean anything unless people are falling over. If you’re doing nothing but pumping heals into the tank and he’s doing half of what you’re doing than they aren’t a good tank.

Are they going to do more to tone down tanks, I wonder?

Tanks need massive nerfing. DPS level dps, group dies, runs back and tank is still soloing the instance. Tanks play like a character off Diablo.

5 Likes

These 2 weeks most of my damage was in bosses.
The higher the key the less free time to do damage on trash.

Let’s see how it is this week.
Tyrannical + a lot of nerfs.

They fixed almost every point, but some of these bosses are going to be really rough regardless.

Resto druid is also meta and has an easier time both healing and dealing damage than most healing specs right now.

I personally don’t get out-healed by tanks (except blood DK) but it’s undeniable that tank sustain and dps is over tuned. Kind of ridiculous how much they can do right now.

2 Likes

It’s also a soothe week so druids are the fotw. Next week is bursting so priests will be the fotw. Also, people are lacking engineer resses because they’re invested into other professions.

Holys damage kind of blows atm, but after testing on the PTR its getting a chunky buff come next patch. Holy will be close to the top end for healer dps.

I agree!

Priest healing in M+ is so not fun right now!

It’s cool that they added “DPS” abilities to holy, but I rather do more healing than DPS. Doing low 10’s I avg 18k healing overall. They should really bring back FC at this point. Just replace it with mindgames lol.

I dont understand this. Tank does big damage and makes the run faster? Wow blizz pls nerf. Tanks have big self heals so I can spend less time healing tanks and more time healing dps? Wow blizz pls nerf.

1 Like