Dragonflight Fishing Maximum

I’ve done some experimenting, and the highest +fishing which I can obtain is +62.

• Underlight Angler +15
  • Ancient Fishing Line +6
  • Nat’s Drinking Hat +8
  • Boots of the Bay +10
  • Sharpened Tuskar Spear +5
  • Trawler Totem +4
  • Captain Rumsey’s Lager +5
  • Aquadynamic Fish Attractor +9

The +5 Fishing Enchant does NOT work.

The +10 lures, including Heat Treated Spinning Lure, Worm Supreme, and Nat’s Drinking Hat, do NOT work.

I’ve caught 5 Draconic Recipe in a Bottle so far and 19 Copper coins all with +50 skill. No idea how +perception compares to +skill.

2 Likes

5 bottles and 10 coins in what time frame?

1 Like

ya, that’s a ton in live if it’s not like 1000 casts. I’ve done several hundred casts with +30 and got 2 copper cpoins and 2 blue bottles total.

I’ve done about 60-90 min each day.

I now have gotten 31 copper coins, 2 silver, and 1 gold. I have also gotten 7 vials with recipes.

Been trying pool and non-pool fishing with 142 perception, the proc rate is so drastically low I honestly don’t see how +fishing isn’t better. You get a chat message when perception procs, in a test of 8ish hours I’ve seen it proc 4 times,which have given me double coins.

Edit: don’t forget to throw back scalebelly mackerels for another +5.

1 Like

How are you getting 142 perception with fishing?

Blue engineering rod and phial

I think I found the best system so far.

1. Jack up your +fishing
  2. Get in a lunker raid. If the raid is big enough, it will be self-sustaining as everyone will get Ominous Conchs from the lunkers. I got almost 2 gold coins tonight doing this. 1 was a gold coin drop and the rest were 2 silvers and 36 coppers.
1 Like

i dont think thats a lot i think its just RNG. I have underlight angler and thats it. Ive caught 10 copper 3 silver coins, 4-6 recipes in bottle (i think 6), a few of the khazorite fishing things, and I have probably 6 hours fishing total since launch but most of it done at the tuskarr fishing spot. I came here to see what the deal with +fishing skill vs the engineered perception rod was. Based on his comment and the perception comment Im thinking neither really matter much. The guy talking about the group conch things is right that is a conch and coin farm.

I’ve seen perception double up my coins, confirmed bronze and silver and assume gold can happen too.

Kalu’ak Figurine (JC consumable) can also be added to the list above for another +15 fishing.

With that being said, I’ve fished quite a bit and maxing out +fishing or +perception does not really make any meaningful impact, sad really. I have also done the raid lunker farming, and coins there are pretty slow too but only just a tad faster than solo fishing. I think it’s worth doing once a day to at least get the rare bosses though. Fishing in general is not something worth focusing on, rather just something to do between queue’s or during the cooking event since participation is mostly optional there.

It’s kind of nuts that there’s zero indication on the +fishing skill items whether they work or not. Old world lure? Sometimes. Old world enchant? Nope. Old world pole? You bet. It’s an absolute mess.

I too maxed perception. I thought it was a waste of time. Then I fished up 2 gold coins in one casts with a message that perception got me the bonus. I have cashed in 3 gold coins - but don’t enjoy the mass lunker farming groups. Am yet to score a darkmoon ace from the frog - which is why i was doing it.

Now I just do the 2 daily fishing areas and fish a bit while there and try to get 1 or 2 of the rare bosses to spawn if there are people around. Since I cashed in my last gold coin and switched to very occasional fishing I have got 16 bronze coins - usually 1 a day.

I just wanted to add that if you really want to fully maximise +fishing, you can also, in addition to the Kalu’ak Figurine mentioned by Xvi, also utilise a low-item level set of gloves and use the +2 fishing enchantment on them (Enchant Gloves - Fishing).

That is unless in the original post by ‘the +5 fishing enchant’ that does not work you meant this enchant… now noticing there doesn’t seem to be any other enchantment for fishing that it must have been it. Ah well. It was my intent to be helpful!

The +5 fishing enchant does seem to work now, but only on low level gloves