Dragonflight feels incredibly bare for $50. Virtually nothing added to the game at all

For $50, I was really expecting a lot of new content, as well as NEW UPDATES that IMPROVE THE GAME.

Here are just a few features we’ve been asking about for that have been ignored:

• Random dungeon finder playlist similar to ESO or FFXIV so we can play whatever dungeon we want

• Removal of Heroic dungeons. They’re literally pointless. Why are they even still in the game? No one does them

• Collection of cosmetics on any character to make game more alt friendly. In shadowlands, you can buy ‘Cosmetic’ pink armors, but you can only use them on appropriate armor type, which is silly and ridiculous. They’re not even gear. Why are they locked to specific armors classes? They should be at least Bind on Account

• Account wide Rep and Currencies. Anima was terribly designed from day 1. Should’ve been account wide, which they realized, so they went back and added it. Reputation should literally be account wide by now, makes no sense why it’s not. In MOP, they added account bound rep tokens

• Doubling amount of ‘legacy loot’. It’s trivial non-current content almost no one does. Why is it so hard to get that armor?

• Expansion of Cross-faction features. We have Cross faction grouping finally, and they just allowed cross-faction mob tagging, which is a start. We need cross-faction PVP. Horde can cosplay as alliance, but alliance can’t do the same. It makes zero sense how in Classic they have mixed-faction pvp, but in retail we don’t. What the heck is that?

• Racial/Heritage armors. Why did they only do half of them and give up?

• Better bag UI. They made one-bag UI for main bag, but bank bags are still separate. Why is it half finished?

Seems like there is a LOT missing from Dragonflight we’ve been waiting on for years. It’s really sad. They give us Dragonriding, sure. But who asked for that? Literally no one. They have ignored everything we did ask for

17 Likes

This is basically what people were asking for: a down to basics expansion reminiscent of what you got from vanilla expansions (new expansion = new continent, raid, and dungeons).

There’s no Torghast, Maw, Covenants, Renown, etc. for people to hate. No systems you’re forced to endure in order to progress ingame. This is what drives off people more.

Most of the changes are being made to the social aspects of the game with cross faction guilds. Also, we’re expecting more systems in the .1 patches.

23 Likes

so it should be a 29.99 expansion

12 Likes

The developers don’t really have control over what the game sells for. It’s the shareholders.

8 Likes

To each their own. It’s reason these forums are daily dumpster fires particularly so near new expansions. Everyone had their personal standards for what should or should not be in the game or what does or doesn’t constitute a “good” game.

Then the next layer to all that is their are the stubborn mindsets that their vision of the game should be nothing but praised and not questioned or rejected.

My opinion of your list op is much of what you state is “meh” to me . But you like what you like I like what I like. It is what it is.

9 Likes

Shareholders aren’t choosing box price. The marketing team decides that.

6 Likes

There will be more released over the next two years of DF, the cost of the expansion covers all expansion content not just that released at launch.

3 Likes

It being bare is a good thing, though.

Questing, raids, dungeons, pvp.

Nothing else matters.

:dracthyr_love_animated:

12 Likes

I’m personally looking forward to the simplicity of Dragonflight. It will be pretty, and straightforward.

There are a lot of things I’d like in the game, they may pop up (heritage armor sets) but if not, it is what it is. I’m too old to care that much anymore.

Every expansion (including Shadowlands) has been worth the price for me, as I get my moneys worth in gameplay out of each one no matter what content each expansion offers.

5 Likes

Blizz: Be Quiet Swine!!! You vwill Raid!! Then you vwill Raid some more!!! Maybe a mythic+ or 2 after… THEN THERE VWILL BE MORE RAIDING!!!

5 Likes

I don’t know what you’re referring to, because BC was rife with content, as well as quality of life changes. That was the first expansion/DLC.

No one mentioned the developers? It’s an executive/management decision, not a shareholder decision. If you have ever owned stock you’d know this. They don’t mail you an absentee ballot to decide the price of the next video game release… like lmao cmon

1 Like

Why remove it?

I actually still do run these on occasion for fun.

The whole point of DF wasn’t big flashy systems, it was to get back to evergreen. All we need for an expansion is new zones, new leveling, new dungeons and raids, and new random things to do, we’re getting that.

3 Likes

I’m pretty content avoiding raiding in favor of bgs, arena and keys. Then just normal casual stuff like leveling alts and mog collection. :dracthyr_comfy_sip: Raiding doesn’t seem worth.

2 Likes

When’s the last time they added new battlegrounds? If anything, all they’ve done is take them away (Strand of the Ancients). Also, mog collection has been very difficult lately because of their decision not to make Legion legacy scaled… you can’t solo it to this day. It has to be grouped with 4-5 players.

Every bit of Legion content has been doable solo, including Mythic.

4 Likes

Legion, arena gets more things because it’s likely played more.

Except for Dragongliding.

4 Likes

Technically you can just leave that at base if you don’t want to deal with it.

It is account wide though.

1 Like

Rocketing around at like 1000% speed is awesome, though.

“Virtually nothing”

Except for 5 new zones, 8 new dungeons, a new raid tier, a new flying system, a new class/race, and a new storyline of debatable quality.

I’m not a fan of DF, but this thread is just silly.

6 Likes