Dragonflight Collector’s Edition only on Gear Store?

So on the Gear store is says ‘Only’ on the gear store, does that mean that retailers won’t be getting the physical Collector’s Editions this time around? Cause that would suck, cause I usually get it from my local Gamestop so I don’t have to pay for shipping and customs fee’s

I’m hoping it’s wrong, cause I’m not gonna pay $64CDN to get it shipped from the gear store, but it so far looks like that’s the only place to buy.

I checked with the Gamestop next to my store, and they said they might know by tomorrow if we’re getting it up here in Canadia

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the info!

It’s probably going to available every retail eventually

They did this with Shadowlands, blizzard gear first then Amazon/Walmart/best buy/target

1 Like

Is the gear store actually good with shipping things on time?
With Shadowlands I used Target and it took literally months after release for my preorder to be fulfilled.

i wonder how long before the usual ‘you still buy stuff from physical stores lol’ crowd stop by.

Heard the same thing from my local GameStop. Hoping we get something today. If not, I’d imagine within a week or so. Either way, no rush in pre-purchasing the digital editions unless you absolutely want the pets, mount and transmog right away.

Last time I ordered from the Gear Store, they lost my order. It was refunded, sure, but it wasn’t like I could just order another one when they did so.

EB Games in Australia has the CE available for pre-order. I called my local GameStop and they said they have nothing in their system yet. Fingers crossed Canada gets some retailers with the CE.

Do you have any news?

nope, there’s been no updates from Best Buy or Gamestop Canada… I wish Blizzard would tell us.

2 Likes

Anyone have any updates on this? I wanted to pick up the physical copy but totally missed out on the gear store. I spoke with someone on the BestBuy chat, and they said I’d be able to buy it in store today, but they were apparently mistaken. I went there and there is no SKU for it yet… Also went to GameStop and it’s the same story. No SKU.
I have all the collectors boxes from previous expansions and would suck to miss out on this one.
Blizzard, can we get an official comment on this pretty please? =)

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat: all editions except vanilla. Checking my local stores hoping to find one.

Only on Gear Store. And it’s all sold out. 3rd xpac in a row I’ve been screwed out of a CE.

I’m done trying to give these FunUnhappyCuriousKlownS money.

cancelling after 13 yrs.

Just to confirm becaue i know there are pople in the same boat as me.

To the best of my knowledge there is no physical copy much less a collectors edition in stores.

Very disappointing because i got all previous collectors edition from gamestop, this will be the first CE i dont get.

You apparently didn’t try to give them your money hard enough, then. It was available all the way up to November on the gear shop. Never sold out until they started shipping and stopped taking orders.

Anyone that collects these CEs should know they are limited and should have been on top of their pre-order game. I have older ones and they sold out hella fast. The DF one was up on the shop forever.