Dragonflight Beta Key Giveaways Are Here!

bro did you even read HOW they were doing the trivia? It was definitely elitist in the way it was done. He acted like people who couldn’t answer it were beneath him, much like the comic book shop owner acts in the simpsons towards people who don’t know the lore of a comic, ext. He even said he’d kick/ban people he thought were googling the answers. That’s definitely elitist behavior. I don’t think LiQUIT should be acting like they are so great…

Blizzard should only give invites out to players with more than 26,000 achievement points.

3 Likes

i’ve never seen the simpsons but im gonna assume given the premise of the show, pompous, self righteous jerk probably fits the bill
that isn’t blizzard’s fault as much as it is the content creators
granted, if he’s being rude to people who want to get a key, that’s definitely reason to revoke his drop privs but blizzard doesn’t actually get absolute control over who gets the drops, it’s on twitch’s end

this particularly isn’t elitism
that’s sniffing out cheating, and arguably justifiable if they cant answer followup questions

either way, a single person trying to flex a fictional video game’s lore elitism does not make
and you didn’t specify the person in question in your OP either

Disagree. It is because of how he was acting like those who didn’t just know the answer were “less than”. The giving out of beta keys was supposed to be done in a manner so that that anyone could win. he did not do it that way. he did not follow the rules blizzard laid down because he did not give very long to answer, so the cop out many people have of “you could google it” doesn’t work here. Only those who were big into the lore could answer it. He was also NOT giving easy questions either. The person was Maximum of Liquid.

this is your answer
lad broke the rules and should be barred from further content creator type opportunities in the future
you should clarify all of that better in your opening post in the future, ig
have a good night kuwu

1 Like

Mine is the official WoW TikTok, that person is 10 times funnier than any of those streamers who I’m never gonna watch. Why don’t you do beta key giveaways there?

1 Like

Praying I finally can get a key! :crossed_fingers:t4:Thank you for the update!

favorite? dont know any of them

“you’ll need to check in with new creators every few days.”

good joke

4 Likes

Watched Mrgm For 4 hours to see If I had a chance, and each time I never got one, but hey I have WOTLK Classic, now it’s like Dragonflight doesn’t exist!
EDIT: 2 days later I get Beta, what’re the odds?! And not cuz I watched a stream or anything! XD

1 Like

Its not worth it honestly to watch most of them. Only a few were cool and those I kept.

Times like this make me glad I have no social media accounts.

2 Likes

Not a bad way to promote the game and hopefully more people are able to get into the beta.

As a note it’s always amusing to see how announcements like these will, for whatever reason, always attract the parts of the community who see another opportunity to proudly announce that they are either don’t know the names of the content creators or are off social media.

because we’re not well liked by the specific streamers given bulk keys?

It shouldnt be up to some internet celebrities who determines who has access to test and bug report an upcoming release. They will just send them off to their fave watchers who will muck around gather all the info they want for launch and thats it. If thats how beta’s get run then its not worth having them as no one will actually test they will just run around like its early access then start fresh on launch with the info they gathered only for themselves.

I personally dont think a streamer should even be allowed to stream the beta, or anyone on beta be publicly releasing details. Imagine if none of the datamined inclusivity stuff ever leaked. The T trolls wouldnt have a platform to begin with for one

6 Likes

because it’s free advertising for blizzard and the streamer at the same time. It’s a win-win for both parties.

complete BS. Alot of regular joe won’t intensively test the beta. At most people just log in make a toon and log out. So who care who the streamer give it to. At end of the day it’s just advertising.

you know wowhead is the biggest culprit right? Maybe we should get rid of wowhead and remove all it’s employee who works there. There are not even human right? They dont deserve to make money and feed their families

This is why people treat Alpha/Beta access like it’s a reward they deserve, not a task to make the game better.

6 Likes

These giveaways will continue for several weeks, so keep checking back to this article for more creator Beta key giveaways!

Visit our [official news post] to learn more about the Dragonflight beta and [opt-in] to become a tester.

I’ll just leave that here, from the bottom of that article this the OP of this thread links too. Its a competition to become a game tester now. Just like you said average joes wont test. Neither will a random stream binger. So whats the point? No wonder the releases have been getting worse and worse of late.

And yes, Wowhead should be at the very least greatly restricting what it releases. They dont need to starve and die in order to preserve the integrity of the upcoming release.

ps had to remove links to the beta opt in stuff as im not “trusted”

2 Likes

Man, you’re really gonna partner with Method even after what happened a couple years back? Sheesh.

2 Likes

The only requirement stated by Blizzard is to opt in. If streamers are being abusive in the way that they hand out keys then that is a separate issue that Blizzard should take a firm stance on however outside of that there is nothing wrong with streamers favoring their communities or coming up with fun ways to pass out their keys. If none of their activities are fun to a particular individual then they still have a chance of getting in through the main method of opting in and waiting.

It’s not a competition to get into beta and nothing in that quote is asking players to compete with one another. If someone didn’t get beta but wanted it then that is unfortunate however that doesn’t mean that they’re part of a secret list of undesirables or that their play style isn’t represented. It just means that x amount of invites went out and they just didn’t get one because x is a smaller number than the pool of waiting(and opted in) players.

Nah, that’s gonna be a hard pass. I can wait.

1 Like

I wake up, ready to get my 72 hunter in wrath to 73, and I see on the launcher…
DRAGONFLIGHT BETA…
This is gonna be a filled winter! With Wrath Classic AAAND Dragonflight!!!