Dragonflight alpha/beta thread

I didn’t see one which makes sense since there’s kind of nothing interesting on the alpha right now. There’s a bit though. Like lookee here:

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=190740/sabellian

Also, map files for the War of the Shifting Sands, Gnoll War, and Pandaren Revolution, which I guess will be a bronze flight questline.

12 Likes

Wait Sabellian’s here ??? That’s amazing

10 Likes

Really hoping that Sabellian is an ally, and the better Black Dragonflight leader candidate that Blizzard talked about, and not an enemy.

Now another thing I noticed is that one of the raid bosses within the Vault of the Incarnates is Kurog Grimtotem. Kurog is a brand new character but the fact that he is a Grimtotem Tauren has me very curious on how that will relate to the rest of the Grimtotem clan.

For example there are two origin stories available for Kurog, with him being one of Magatha’s followers that journeyed to the Dragon Isles or he betrayed the Horde and the Grimtotem within.

I’m personally hoping that his presence hints/foreshadows that Magatha Grimtotem is going to threat this expansion and we can finally kill her.

10 Likes

Sabellian and Wrathion seemingly both have personal reputations for them.

But yeah ive mainly been keeping an eye out on NPCs. There was an interesting conversation between Turalyon and Shaw about keeping a close eye on the dragons.

Wrathion comes to get help from the alliance while Ebyssian goes to the Horde. A small detail but one i appreciate(I was worried Wrathion would do both factions).

Mayla, Baine, Lor’themar and Thalyssra are in orgrimmar at the starting quest- though their dialogue is just PH atm.

The Dracthyr seem to have two separate entities joining(??) the factions- not unsimilar to the Pandaren. Having camps in the capitals and all that.

The Dark Talons for the Horde. Scalecommander Cindrethresh seems to lead them…maybe? They(Im guessing she is female) are red, unsprisingly.

On the allianceside it is the Obsidian Watchers eith a Scalecommander Azurathel(And again, unsurprisingly a blue dracthyr), and in guessing make by his name for some reason.

Hemet is around retired, practically all dragons are i feel.

I just find seeing what NPCs are added interesting.

OH- Wardruid Loti from Zandalar is somewhere.

But yeah im eager to see.more of the story, specifically in regards to Dracthyr and how they operate in factions.

19 Likes

Oh YEAH that’s so great I was so worried about that

1 Like

Yea i mean thats just what i gather from what others have shared. So it may not be 100% correct.

But I like it. I was worried theyd have kittle to no rep in factions.

2 Likes

From what I’ve gathered he has a reputation associated with him.

I wonder if Sabellian’s black dragons and wyrmcult will come with him or if they’ll stay in Outland. They could be a neat alternative RP backstory for a black dracthyr.

5 Likes

The fact that Grimtotem Tauren show up gives me hope. Hopefully Blizzard gives Horde players the chance to get rid of Baine and make the Tauren more agressive as a whole.

1 Like

I hope we finally get to see Jevan’s Horde Grimtotem in action. That would also be a good occasion to add the proper red warpaint as a customization option. The Grimtotem are neat

16 Likes

That’s cool. Though I wonder if you get both rep with both or if it’s a split thing either by faction or personal choice.

That is neat.

Just so I’m clear, is it only those four involved in the quest or are they present in Orgrimmar with like Rokhan and/or Thrall?

That makes sense, though I wonder where their camps are with the capitals being a bit crowded. I know Orgrimmar has cliff space open which would fit them as dragons but I’m not sure about Stormwind.

Neat faction names and I have to admit that I think Dark Talon sound cooler than Obsidian Watchers.

Hemet Nesingwary retired? That’s surprising, perhaps nearly being pray in Zuldazar was an eye opening experience.

It really is and I’m excited to see how Loti comes into the mix.

If Sabellian is showing up, then so should his followers, which would tie in with the comments Blizzard made about how while Wrathion wants to be the leader of the Black Dragonflight, there is someone who may be more better suited.

Me too.

1 Like

Well, the wyrmcult was seemingly either their own autonomous thing or possibly Sinestra’s deal, not Sabellian’s. Sabellian’s agent Samia Inkling (it’s unclear if she’s meant to be a dragon in disguise as well or just a human ally) had the player rescuing poached black whelps from the cultists back in TBC, so they seemed to not be allies of her benefactor.

1 Like

Gnoll War? Huh, that was not on my bingo card. Would be fun to see a past version of Stormwind.

5 Likes

From what screenshots ive seen, those 4 are in orgrimmar. It is very poasible others are there but no one has seen them or shared photos of them. Lor’themar and Thalyssra seem to be ON grommash hold while the two tauren are with Ebyssian and Dracthyr.

Thats exactly where it is haha. No one has shared pictures of the stormwind one.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the building being built in orgrimmar is used for?

That’s interesting and makes sense. The Dracthyr meet with Ebyssian and he brings along Mayla, who brings Baine. And I guess from there they group travels to meet with other members of the Horde Council.

And I’m very curious if Scalecommander Cindrethresh will end up with a council seat or not, either in the beginning or by the end of the expansion after earning it in some manner.

PLEASE anyone with access to Alpha/Beta, suggest adding more skin colors to Dractyr Visage form. If Blizzard is against adding other races as visage at the very least give us more colors to try to match with other races. I suggest blue and purple tones to capture some Night Elf vibes.

We quest with an echo of Sindragosa from her life, the echo doesn’t know about the Scourge or her role as Arthas’ dragon.

6 Likes

I assume someone will end up on the council. Though interestingly enough Cindrethresh isnt in the encampment. Its some Dracthyr that starts with a Z. Zodethi or something- and they have no title or anything.

I’m most excited about fighting stuff like gnolls and centaur again.

The nature of MMOs means you can’t meaningfully raise the stakes all that much. Because one way or another you’re going to be fighting bandits and boars no matter how powerful you are.

Trying to raise the stakes by calling the bandits venthyr sineaters and the pigs necrohogs or whatever does absolutely nothing but make the situation less and less relatable.

Zereth Mortis is a textbook example of this. Because you’re essentially in the Garden of Eden next to the engine of creation itself. And you’re still just killing animals and thugs but now they’re just bizarre geometric shapes so removed from Azeroth’s story that it doesn’t even feel like the same setting anymore.

Just keep to bandits and boars and make the stakes for why we’ve to kill them more important. Perhaps the bandits intend to ransom a town by blowing up a dam and perhaps the pigs need to be killed because their patient zero for a disease that could cause big problems. That would raise the stakes. Making them overdesigned eyesores from the horse head nebula doesn’t raise the stakes it just makes them incomprehensible.

12 Likes

That’s interesting… It makes me wonder if Cindrethresh will journey with us to the Dragon Isles, so they decided to make someone in the encampment over having her in two different places. Kind of like Baine was removed from Thunder Bluff, while he was in the Shadowlands, until he got hot fixed back into TB for Winter Veil.