Dragon Vigor

I can say that I’ve personally never experienced what OP is talking about. I herb and pick up packs and mine do quests etc … it takes like 3 seconds for 1 vigor to charge in case you land when you are out … some people just don’t understand dragonflying imo.

4 Likes

I hope they figure it out instead of quitting, but trying to make managing a resource we all have to use being about being ‘good’ or ‘bad’ as the person above did is preposterous.
Can they follow simple instructions?
Im sure they can.
So charge in the air.
Its that simple.
So yeah…its about impatience on their part (not including those having issues with motion sickness or motor skills which isnt included in this)

:yawning_face:

I don’t recharge in the air either. However, I never use whirling surge which I suspect all these impatience people are using.

I took that off my bar entirely. Its for show. Wastes Vigor. The one vigor surge isnt required either, but can be useful if you need to speed up to start charging.

Also wondering if they understand that sometimes its better to blow vigor to speed up so you get charging faster instead of just nosing down and waiting for it to happen when you finally speed up.

We have to think about flight now, its just just floating around like before.
They CAN do it if they want to follow instructions.
Evidently they choose not to.

youre boring me now and a waste of my time.
perma blocked for trolling

Only time I use whirling surge is for long travels. Mostly because I recharge those 3 vigors quick in the sky.

For mining? Nope, don’t use it at all.

1 Like

You could have just said “thanks”, instead of saying “I told you so” 20 times, but yes, cool.

So i gave it a test in game and it seems like they have removed the cooldown of the proc. Meaning you regen 1 vigor every time you gather something. However the buff disappears if you take off, you have to stand there waiting for the buff to run out to get the maximum benefit from it.

Thats the other thing.
WE ALL have to deal with the mechanix with DRing.
Some here seem to think THEY Are the only ones disadvantaged with the limitations or something. lol.
No…ALL of us are having to do it and have no more than 6 vigor and have to burn one to get off the ground.
IF any of us is hopping off the dirt and darting over to a node, then hopping off the dirt darting over to some more dirt, then the same to a chest…yeah…any of us can run out of vigor doing that if we arent managing vigor properly.

Some of us are working with it…others are making funny excuses why they wont

lol…wait…so you CANT fly off a node or the regeneration stops?
Thats worse than what we had by the sound of it.

Or how about stop using your dragonriding mount to travel 10 feet.

2 Likes

That’s correct. You need to stay on the ground for the full duration of the buff.

A minor correction though, the buff is not removed by taking off. Rather it’s effect doesn’t work in the air.

1 Like

just got in and tried it. Seems to start the 3 seconds when you first strike the node so charging while youre farming it…not entirely bad as I thought it might be.
I can see a lot of complaints if theyre having to wait three seconds before flying away from each rock or plant, lol

Wow, that will solve my one real complain with dragon riding. Gathering herbs/ore will be much easier after that.

Ohh is that so? Crisis averted then. After doing some more testing i concluded this change was a nerf to people who knew who dragonriding works.
Because previously you could take off and at the apex of your jump angle yourself down at roughly a 45 degree while doing a circling maneuver until you almost hit the ground, then immediately point almost straight up and then using Skyward Ascent to almost immediately gain Thrill of the Skies while also gaining a ton of height. Takes like 2, maybe 2.5 seconds to do.

This way you could achieve TotS for almost the entire duration of the old 10% buff. And TotK is already a 200% buff to vigor regen, or 1 vigor every 5 seconds. 4.5 with the old 10% buff. Meaning the old buff resulted in about 1 vigor over it’s 10 second duration. But with the added benefit of not having to wait around 3 seconds to take off.

However if you get the buff the moment you start gathering this is a net positive change for everyone.

Thats what I thought was going on but it seems to start the count the second you start farming the node…which means if it takes you two seconds, youre only waiting for that third second before the buff ends…at least thats how it seemed to be working when I tried it a bit ago.

edit…Im sticking to my story of they should have just removed the vigor cost to get off the ground. lol.
I think that would have fixed most of the problems.

That this discrepancy is so gigantic on top of the fact that it had this goofy invisible cooldown period makes me wonder if the original “10%” wasn’t a typo all along.

The “buff” was so bad as to be virtually non-existent.