Dragon Isles Adventuring:Being Yourself can't progress on NPCs with unfinished Quests

Dragon Isles Adventuring: Being Yourself - on the step where you have to go talk to 8 Dragon Isles residents to ‘Gain a wider perspective’.

Can’t progress quest with Ecologist Iskha or Ecologist Tharu.

Haven’t done their wildlife/murloc questline on the character I’m currently progressing, so this may be intended.

*edit: having run through their questlines really quick, the ‘Being Yourself’ quest advances.

*edit2: This seems to be an issue on any of the NPCs with unfinished quests, I had the same thing happen with Windspeaker Nawa, Scout Santuun

1 Like

I experienced this as well. Sadly this seem intentional as they have a whole response to the interview… Something to the equivalent of I’m to busy to answer your questions.

4 Likes

See I have this issue as well, however I cant progress the quest because I dont know who the 2nd npc im supposed to talk to is cause they are not at the camp sight? I spoke to the first one just fine, the second npc sends me to a mini campsite in Thaldrassuz and there is nobody there… Not even sure who the npc is either as it dosent state it in the quest log.

1 Like

The 2nd NPC is Waywatcher Alvi he is up near the cave but you have to complete his quest line i am guessing. He does have an quest option What Makes you who you are? but clicking it doesn’t do anything.

He has 2 quests i am going to do and will report back. His cords are 56.89 67.70 in Thaldraszus

Edit: finished his quest line and it let me talk to him for the quest

1 Like

Thankyou! Just found the npc, super big help.

1 Like

FYI If you have not done the other quest lines from the NPCs that you have to talk to you must complete those as well.

What cave? im stuck on the second guy, can’t find him…

Just did the quest, now Alvi is gone and I can’t finish the quest for his part. He just got up and disappeared, where he at? I need to interview him.

Waywatcher Alvi. 34, 49 Ohn’ahran plains. After doing the Thaldrazus quest chain.

Can’t progress with Scout Santuun, she won’t give any quests, but she’s too busy waitin for me to hook her up with a dryad. I’ve done all quests I can find in the plains and The Lonely Scout quest just won’t pop up so I can finish this. Any clue what I’m missing?

1 Like

This is terrible design, and disrespectful of our time.

I’ve done all the questlines for these resident npc’s on multiple alts. I picked a new main for TWW, leveled him through the Primal Storms, and did the 10.2.7 quests with him. Now I’ve already spent time on this quest chain, and want to complete it on this character, but first I have to do all their side quests all over again! Seriously!?!?!

Way to be “alt friendly of the future” Blizz…you say one thing but do you really mean something else?

5 Likes

Yeah it’s frustrating to discover this is my reward for spreading out the side questing through my leveling alts. At least give a “I’ve done this story before” skip or something for this.

2 Likes

I had the same issue with the Gnoll. I just had to complete his quest chain first, then I could progress on… Sadly now Im stuck at Alvi. He is not at the location marked on the map for this quest. Its so frustrating. This is the worst quest chain ever! Talk about adding a bunch of flappy useless timegating content into the game.

How does Blizz actually think this is OK? Forcing us to do quests we intentionally skipped just for a tabard? Lmfao

I’m having the same issue. I have completed renewing the vows which is supposed to unlock The lonely scout quest but its just not here. I really want to finish this dang quest, so frustrating.

You have to complete every single questline before the characters will answer your questions. It gets a little ridiculous when the quests are over something as trivial as “I want to propose to this hot guy but I don’t have the right flowers! What? No! Stop asking me questions! Not until I have the flowers!”

Also, I’m surprised nobody here has noticed the common theme with all the quests you’re made to do. It’ll probably make you roll your eyes once you realize the key connection. Or you might smile and appreciate it. Up to you :slight_smile: