Dragon age origins

Anyone else bored and play dragon age origins again? Can’t wait for Orzammar !! :cloud_with_rain:

17 Likes

I replayed Fable not long back. Still a great game.
I did enjoy Dragon Age, but I haven’t personally had the itch to revisit it.
Maybe I will put it back on my radar.

3 Likes

Haven’t played DA:O in a while. When I did, I did several runs with different race/class combos and romanced all the party members. So much dialogue.
My wife loves the series as well. She is working on a new trilogy playthrough right now, about halfway through DA2 currently. Inquisition is her favorite.

5 Likes

There was so much good mod content and player created campaigns for that game. I think I played and re-played it for 10 years.

3 Likes

I’ve recently beat inquisition and legend of dragoon.

2 Likes

I’ve been getting an itch to play DA:I after reading an article on Freddie Prinz Jr. (voice actor for Iron Bull). Still a very good game, despite a coupla warts.

2 Likes

Now only to pick my race. I dont wanna go dalish again. Maybe human or dwarf. 🫠

I’m probably going to start a new DA:I run since BioWare just announced the next Dragon Age.

1 Like

Definitely looking forward to Dreadwolf when it gets released. Gotta have my blood mage.

4 Likes

Dragon Age Origins was so good. You can play a total psycho who kills and betrays everyone I love it.

4 Likes

Looking forward to Dreadwolf. Love me some Solas snark.

Origins is definitely a favorite. Had such an amazing VA cast along with some great gameplay.

1 Like

I liked Origins, but the gameplay is so divorced from the central premise in one key, glaring aspect it’s impossible to ignore.

“Don’t worry - I can sense the Darkspawn. It’s part of being a Greywarden. We won’t get ambushed.”

*Proceeds to get ambushed by Darkspawn at every turn throughout the game*

… Maybe Alistair and the player aren’t actually Greywardens, and the guy doing the joining just stooge’d up the formula and was too embarrassed to say anything.

2 Likes

I loved DA:O.
Never played The second one.

Burned out trying to get the combat system in the third one to work and/or feel good. I just hated that combat system so much it destroyed the game for me.

4 Likes

I did a full replay of the Dragon Age games a few months ago… Man, I sincerely hope Dreadwolf doesn’t make the gameplay feel like a chore like Inquisition did.

Origins was solid, as expected, Nightmare was way harder than I remembered and 2 was actually pretty good despite being rushed like hell.

1 Like

18 Likes

Theres rumblings of the next installment Dreadwolf which im pumped for. Loved origins and inquisition havent played 2 yet

Inquisition class trees should be adopted to wow imo

Esit: inquisition combat was only good when i plugged a controller into my pc. Keyboard controllers were bad

1 Like

The Dragon Age games did a good job in creating a game world. One big thing I loved about Origins was the different choices you made that were reflected within the game.

Want werewolves as one of the final armies, choose to help them against the Wood Elves. Want Dwarven Golems, don’t destroy the forge. It was one of the few games that did your choice reflects the game. Even with the expansion, married the new king, it’s reflected in the expansion.

The biggest thing I loved about the franchise overall was the Dwarves and their Deep Roads. To me that screamed what Dwarven society would do by building a whole world underground.

I didn’t mind the other 2 games, although it was 2 games in one when it comes to the story. The second game is only setting up Inquisition with the story from one game to another. Some of it’s cutscenes were great.

In Inquisition, I only really liked the Castle building part, opening up the areas. Other then that the game was ok but it felt like it had no connection between the zones.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that Solas looks like a nug.

I started replaying DA:O but I got sidetracked with the ME Legendary Edition. It’s a good game, but Mass Effect always draws my attention away from anything else Bioware has done.

1 Like

God, if any game ever needed a modern graphical remake it’d be this one. FFVII who?

2 Likes