Dracthyr Normal Flying

Soar is not flying, it is a cheap version of Dragon Riding.

I am talking about normal standard flying. Like a druid shifts into flight form I should be able to hit a button and fly with my wings.

9 Likes

Been playing around in the beta, and yea after running around on my evoker for awhile now it feels so derpy to have to get onto a dragon, as a dragon.

Worgen have Running Wild, why not Drakthyr with Flying Wild?

12 Likes

C’mon Blizz, grab this easy win and let the Dracthyr take #ToTheSkies

5 Likes

You be a dragon riding a dragon and you like it!

Of course, it is completely ridiculous and Blizzard is just wrong for making folks do so.

It’s such a dumb concept. lol

3 Likes

Let us fly free!

1 Like

This is gonna get about as much leeway as the “Give Worgen Tails” thread.

Next patch after release there’s gonna be a Dracthyr joke on why they don’t use their wings to actually fly.

This is so very different. I am not asking for anything new to be added to the models. The animations are already in game because the NPCs fly all the time.

I am just asking them to add something that is fun (I know, how dare I?) and that just makes sense.

7 Likes

To the skies!

3 Likes

The arrival of the expansion is nigh, you really should let us fly!

5 Likes

I completely agree with this. Especially since druids already can. Simple as that.

3 Likes

To The Skies!

3 Likes

Agreed drakythr should get normal flying just how worgen get their ground mount run. Idk about dragon riding for the reason that it would cost you alot of customization if you didn’t get the dragon.

1 Like

Yeh, but that would be a choice. Dracthyr players could still choose to fly as themselves, or fly with the drakes. Doesn’t cost em anything. Would just let the specific player choose if they prefer themselves as a mount, or the drake.

4 Likes

Fair but we also dont know what dragon flying will look like later. Could be combat elements that would be hard to do for drakthyr.

1 Like

Well yeh, but I would be fine if Soar just benefited from more of the dragonriding tree, not all of it. It’s mostly okay the way it is now, except that there is zero regen on skills til you land. If things went on cooldown on use and came back while you were still in the air, it would save a lot of problems and solve a lot of the issues people are having.

A lot of Dracthyr players are fine with the idea of Soar being basic dragonriding, and having to use a drake to do the fancy stuff. The part that sucks is that upgraded Soar right now is still worse than the base drake. It is a button that you hinder yourself for using, just because you want to be able to fly as yourself.

As for flying, well… This is not my video and it is showcasing a bug, but the animations absolutely exist. NPC Dracthyr use em all the time. Dracthyr seriously should have gotten a “Flying Wild” kind of spell. :frowning: (I know you agree on the flying part, I just wanted to post this video)

2 Likes

If they introduce some sort of mounted combat for dragon riding then I think Dracthyr using mounts for that is fine, as combat animations for them to use while doing dragon riding probably aren’t in the game.

For just movement, which is all we know about dragon riding currently, there is no reason Dracthyr couldn’t do that as everything is in game already.

Back to standard flying though, I just don’t understand what Blizzard has against simple fun. Everything needed for player Dracthyr to fly is already in game and the NPCs do it, it is just a matter of flipping a switch basically.

1 Like

Wait they can’t fly on thier own? wow I didn’t even think it was a question. I thought they just would be able to because they have wings lol

1 Like

The best part about it is blizzard won’t even state a reason why this isn’t the case, all I can do is smirk when I picture them reading such feedback from their offices going to various key managers asking “so what reason is their again they can’t just fly whenever?”

1 Like

I really would love the follow up question as well: “And why does that apply to the players but the NPCs can do it?”

1 Like

This seems reasonable, if it is just NORMAL flight without dragonriding capabilities.

I don’t know about this.

1 Like