Dracthyr no dynamic flying

I just resubbed and was flying around azeroth enjoying my dracthyr racial soar and dynamic flying. Died a couple times from flying into pvp areas but rezzed and soared back up again. Except, when I went to Teldrassil on a horde Dracthyr. When i died here from a npc sentinel guard I was hard locked into STEADY flying. There’s no way to change my stance to dynamic flying. There’s no spell or ability in my spell book.

Don’t think im gonna play till this is fixed because I was enjoying myself. And I have no plans to remake this character because I flew all around the continent and uncovered all the zones and teldrassil was my last stop (besides darkshore).

1 Like

When you say not in your spell book - in under the General tab at the top left - do you remember seeing ‘Skyriding’ with a pop out bar that has the spell for ‘Switch Flight style’ its a blue background button with a gold circle in it? Dragon riding stuff got changed to Skyriding with the new pre expac update.

as you can see in the picture it’s not there, but notice the tooltip tells me im not in skyriding stance. So I’m locked in steady stance with no way to get it back. I’m a level 20 Dracthyr Evoker.

https://imgur.com/a/j7oTvH1

which options (if any) does the Skyriding menu show in the dropdown display in the middle of the mounts tab?

Im having the same issue! Locked in static flight

it doesn’t. Blizzard said they removed the ability to toggle skyriding for people who haven’t unlocked the mount version of it in Dragonflight. So there’s no button for me in the mount tabs for mounts, but there’s no mount tab version of the Dracthyr stance swap anyway so it doesn’t matter.

But this is a stance accessed through the “skyriding” ability in the Dracthyr “general” tab. However it’s been removed by the devs. I have no idea how my character switched over to “steady” flying. But it happened when I was killed by a Teldrassil Shadowglen Sentinel guard. When I rezzed at the healer (like i had before in OTHER places) my flight was toggled to steady and I couldn’t get it back.

i just logged evoker to check…

when i logged in, i learned the ability to switch flight

if you haven’t unlocked Skyriding, go do the DF starter quests to unlock it

i feel like i may be misunderstanding the issue… and my brain isn’t… “braining” properly :expressionless:

…and then i’ll be like “OHHHHHHHHHHHH I GET IT NOW”

(the part which is confusing me, is i thought skyriding was the default now… so you’re only trying to find the ability to switch?)

Yeah, this is a RACIAL STANCE not a mount passive. You’re assuming they are the same thing. Soar is a stance like flight form, except it’s tied to race and not class. Skyriding is a mount passive that is a modifier for the Mount ability.

Soar is modified with either “Steady Flying STANCE” or “Skyriding STANCE”

However, as a racial ability it is not supposed to be locked behind some skyriding mount quest. Because Dracthyr newbie quest, literally the first 3 minutes of new creation you unlock the ability. It’s just…The Devs literally removed the toggle out of the game? From what I can tell that’s what they did.

Because even a fresh throaway Dracthyr doesnt’ have stance swap.

but… if this is the issue,

can’t you just go jump on the boat and unlock it?

you need to be able to switch to skyriding to use the racial

(i feel like i’m only annoying you, i’ll go away now)

I’m literally in the dragon isles right now, and can’t access it. I was standing on the long dock there in front of the Dragonflight camp on the Dragon Isles zone side.

This is wrong because I was Skyriding Stance all night on my lvl 14 Dracthyr all across classic with the Soar racial. It didn’t force me over and lock me out till I died in Teldrassil. It’s also possible that it didn’t lock me out till I died at level 20. When I had previously died I was pre level 20 I think. I was gaining exp from lvl 14+ via flying discovery of points of interest.

Regardless, it’s a disaster.

Yeah I see what you mean - I notice for some reason you dont have the Master Flight in that image its greyed out? Weird too.

I just want to update this thread to let you all know what’s going on. I completed the Dragonriding quest in Dragon Isles on my level 25 Dracthyr after having worked through the introductory quests leading up to the Life Pools area.

Upon completion of the quest I was given the dragonriding/skyriding passive and the ability to “Switch Flight Styles”. It now appears in my pull-down or pull-up box that I showed earlier in the above post.

What this means is the Devs TOOK it away from new Dracthyr and there are a myriad of bugs that will cause you to lose your default Skyriding stance. It took me several hours, but for Dracthyr at least this is the most realistic solution for others in my situation as I don’t think the Dev team will get to it anytime soon, unfortunately.