Dracthyr Naming Conventions Revealed?

Anyone got anymore of those names from beta?

In general, you basically take a draconic-sounding noun or adjective like ember, cinder, scale, or whatever else and add in a “sh” or “th” or two. Try to hit on three syllables, and you’ll have a very Dracthyr-sounding name. But even then, these rules aren’t universal.

Personally, I’m going with Bytalth. Coming from an Old Norse word for “victory,” but tossing in an “l” and “th” sound to bring it more in line with what we’ve seen. It’s a little shorter than most, but I like to keep my names snappy. But by and large, Dracthyr names really are cumbersome.

Also,

And here he is in the flesh. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dracthyr are considered a part of the BLACK dragonflight canonically, due to their creator.

That’s why they are in the Obsidian Enclave, and you see some Dracthry using the the Black Suffix, of Ia/Ian. On top of their own naming schemes.

Since all 5 flights are in the Dracthyr make-up, you could RP that you changed your name for the flight and skin color you are more attuned with, as cannonically not all Dracthyr have proper control over all 5 magic sources.

But that is why some of their unique naming scheme that I named mine off of with the help of this thread, and that is why some stick to the Black suffixes.