Dracthyr Eyes Graphics Bug

With the new patch, it looks like the dracthyr lost one of their pupils. One is significantly lighter than the other.

7 Likes

Its not just dracthyr. my pandaren and vulpera both have duller eyes and the pupils don’t look right either. I am glad someone else is also noticing this

3 Likes

Bump.

1 Like

Definitely noticing this as well. Prior to 10.1.5, Dracthyr eyes used to be very prominent and piercing. But now they just look incredibly dull. I very much hope that this is just some kind of unintended bug, and not a lifelong change. They just look awful now.

2 Likes

Posting here to confirm. Something’s off about the eyes and it’s not just Dracthyr. Was there always someone standing 3 feet away shining a flashlight in my character’s eyes? Go into character creator and choose rogue. Rotate the character after the stealth animation plays and notice the light blue dot you can see through their head at any angle. Easier to see it on a darker background so try a Horde character.

3 Likes

Yep, it is particularly noticeable on human males. It looks god awful.

2 Likes

Didn’t even notice until I saw this post. Can confirm, the right pupil is weirdly lighter and/or more translucent than the left pupil.

4 Likes

Glad it isn’t just me (and not my graphics card freaking out!)

2 Likes

Definitely hope this ends up getting fixed. It’s honestly distracting how bad it looks now.

1 Like

Can confirm, went to the barber shop just to make sure the patch didn’t change any settings and all correct, however, the bug remains.

2 Likes

From what I can tell, settings don’t affect it. It must be the new lighting system in place, but other races are having issues, too. But Dracthyr in particular look especially bad now. Especially when one eye is lighter than the other.

5 Likes

It is definitely related.
The catchlighting does not even display correctly with certain eye colour options.

2 Likes

Sadly I’m beginning to think that Blizzard will simply ignore this issue and just act like it looks better than before, when it simply doesn’t.

1 Like

Looks like it wasn’t hotfixed. Hopefully Blizz will take a look!

1 Like

Hopefully sooner than later.

3 Likes

Bump, still overlooked and unfixed.

2 Likes

Still affects other races, as well.

My gnome looks horrible with the new light highlight on his eyes. I sure hope they go back to the way it was. There was no reason to change it. And please give me my eyebrows back!

I was hopeful with the weekly reset, it seems I was wrong!

Here’s hoping for next week! I’ve submitted through the in-game bug report too.