Dracthyr Appreciation Post

Come on. Every spec is brain dead. You hit 4 buttons or so in an order every few moments. Nothing in MMOs is exactly hard. :wink:

I’m enjoying it as well OP. It’s fun. At mid-range you have to be aware of your distance a lot more than a normal caster. I don’t think it’s brain-dead at all. You have to make decisions based on 2, 3,4, and up as far as aoe. Single target is simpler, but navigating is where the challenge will be imo.

1 Like

Coming from a druid.

1 Like

Although the advanced thing is dumb, I really liked the brain dead spec. It lets me be a little bit better at the game.

Years come by and muscle memory and reflexes are not the same as they where 14/16 years ago. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This speaks to my soul. :sweat_smile:

No U
/rasp

:dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_love_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

Preservation is cool, then I encountered the limited range and realized I’m not leveling them (outside of beta) until they fix that, because LoS is the most frustrating thing EVER as a healer.

1 Like

I’ll keep harping on the lack of adequate transmog on the draconic form until I feel that this issue has been addressed…

… but that being said, I’m having a blast. I’m a huge dragon guy, too. I had been pitching a Dragonsworn class since I first read about the concept in the WarCraft RPG material. This is a step beyond that. They look great, and they feel great to play.

I just wish I didn’t have that cloud hanging around my head.

1 Like

100% with this. I do believe we havent seen all the tricks up their sleeve yet! But I know that trust in Blizz is at a low.

Ion did say that they’re be able to “do more” with Evoker tier gear, as that gear was designed explicitly for Dracthyr. Based on that statement, I held my tongue. Then we got tier in beta on our Dracthyr.

And it was just this:

Same as any other set. Pure disappointment.

Then yesterday, we get Morgan Day saying that they’re happy with their current situation, even through it’s possible for them to enable the rest of the slots.

It’s such a kneecap to my enthusiasm.

I absolutely love mine. I haven’t enjoyed retail wow this much since cata, no joke.

2 Likes

I love the lore of the Dragon Aspects and the Titans, really excited to see where this storyline is going. I have patiently waited for the Evoker class to release to see if I would like them, and it’s been a lot of fun, as a primarily Priest Healer since 2007 I have wanted something new and different, and this is definitely feeling fresh. There are some things that Preservation feels a little clunky, but that could be that I’m still learning how it plays, we will see in the coming weeks how they really feel. :dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

I would love if we had an ability that lets us full time fly using our wings…cap it at 310% and treat it like a flying mount with riding skill. Make it instant cast tho so we can jump off high stuff and just open our wings and fly.

3 Likes

I appreciate being able to clean specific weapons.

I certainly love em already. I understand people wanting a beefcake dragon, but I like my sleek toned dragon boyo. And oh is Deep Breath my favourite ability ever.

1 Like

My only disappointment is how Visage shoulders and belt are mandatorily visible in draconic form. I would like the option to transmog my visage and keep the barber shop shoulders and belt that I already chose. It would be nice to mog a full armor set on draconic form too.

Loving the massive mobility of the class and soar is super fun.

1 Like

Yep. Full transmog should be available for the draconic form, and transmogs should be individually assigned for both forms.

I’ve been enjoying mine. Went from “probably won’t even bother to make one” to just making one anyways and now it’s going to be one of my two main alts. I don’t even like dragons in any game or movie.

1 Like

I premade my dracthyr on Wowhead beforehand to make sure I could jump right in. Personally, I don’t like dps classes. I would like to have a tank spec but the dracthyr are pretty fun.

1 Like