DPS trinkets nerfed for healers/tanks

Ummm, a lot of dps and healers use Rageheart due to its high defensive value in keys. It’s used by non-tanks WAY more than actual tanks.

As for healers and tanks using dps trinkets, I think it’s inevitable since tanking (surviving) and healing (enough hps to live) are binary. You either have enough or you don’t. Having more survivability or more hps when you don’t need it doesn’t help. More dps always helps.

2 Likes

Every tank trinket should be a taunt/defensive. More dps from you means nothing to the raid. You could do 0 dmg, if you don’t die you did your job. You want to top meters as a tank or something?

I’m far from wanting to top meters as a tank.

I want my trinkets to be fun to use and “an extra 10% defense you don’t actually need” isn’t fun. however a burst of damage is fun.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the concept of wanting healers and tank to use healers and tank trinkets but they need then massive buffs and probably to lock them to be role specific so it doesn’t cause issues.

6 Likes

Put in a couple examples of a fun Tank trinket for us non tanks. Maybe you’ll be heard :3

I don’t know enough to put an idea out there for you. But I agree, all trinkets for everyone should be fun things.

My one idea - 5m CD, spawns a shade copy of you that uses all your abilities - healing included - and passes all threat it makes to you. Doesn’t move, but it’s almost a second life. Would also double your dmg for that window on charts. Could be fun to set up windows for it :smiley: Idk.

How about they make tanks scale better with secondaries instead.

I agree but also can see their side.

It’s not uncommon on my blood DK for my top 3 damage abilities to have zero to do with my kit. It’s normally the axe, grieftorch, and augary as my top 3 damage sources by a decent margin.

sure, i’m not saying I don’t see their side.

but what then should our trinkets do, if not damage, when we don’t need the extra defenses? I have so many of my own kit’s defenses i can cycle through, there is never really a time i need rageheart, and certainly not once every 3 minutes.

but I can hit grieftorch once every three minutes for some extra damage and a fireworks show.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what is even the point of trinkets if not to give healers and tanks the choice between survivability/HPS builds and DPS builds.

3 Likes

I agree and don’t think this really changes anything besides tanks still using damage trinkets with the difference being they won’t be their largest source of damage over their actual class abilities.

3 Likes

66% would just lessen how much people feel like they have to swap to dps trinkets to be competitive. People would still use it because it’s better than nothing.

Yeah, I liked that trinkets allowed an actual modular approach to your kit that didn’t change general gameplay. (Though I would also like the ability to tank in ret for faceroll content - give me Righteous Fury back for all specs)

1 Like

The way to make tank trinkets is simple, you just need to kill the batman.

Wait sorry that’s the wrong guide…

You need to nerf the crap out of tank self sustain to make defensive trinkets desirable.

This will make tons of tanks quit the game and further exacerbate already frustrating queue times.

Then you either live with your choices, or realize that the decision to nerf damage trinkets for tanks was stupid.

Incidently this same line of thinking applies for healers. If tank sustain is nerfed, it gives healers a real responsibility in all pve content and makes healing based trinkets a consideration.

This would also make healers upset for having even more responsibility when dpsers already self immolate on a regular basis in all content.

There are options out there for tank trinkets that DPS would probably have no interest on rolling on.

• Trinket that ‘collects’ damage you take up to X amount, when it hits the amount, the tank can use the trinket to do substantial AOE damage. To make it fun, put it on a 1 min cd.

• Trinket that acts as a spell reflect, reflecting up to X amount of damage and acting as a sort of defensive trinket for certain powerful boss abilities. Maybe a 30 sec to 1 min CD.

• Trinket that increases your primary and secondary stats, based on the number of mobs attacking you. Maybe with 1 mob it’s 3% but with it could go as high as 4 mobs for a 12% stat boost.

4 Likes

Why would healers heal if they don’t want to heal?

Making tanks need healing isn’t bad.

Oh I’m just joking on the healers that always complain about everything.

I strongly believe that tank self healing should be eradicated from wow. This is generally a take that’s met with massive hate from people, including my own guildies lol.

I think tanks shouldn’t be so self-sufficient either.

It’s silly that they suddenly die because they forgot to push buttons in 2 seconds. Cause it’s normal for them to live forever.

1 Like

But my DeathStrike!

1 Like

If the healer / tank kits actually get power put back into their abilities, then this is more or less fine. TBD on whether that happens.

I doubt it changes anything about their trinket choice without a large shift in tank design and/or tank trinket design, though; most of the tank trinkets do so little that they’re practically blank slots.

Also, if we’re going this route then where are the nerfs for DPS using the few good tank trinkets that exist?

Not a good change imo. Healing trinkets are boring