DPS trinkets nerfed for healers/tanks

Well, blizz is certainly painting themselves into a corner with this one. Can only hope they make some legitimate tanking and healing trinkets this time or this change is just going to irritate people.

wait, what did I miss? they’re nerfing dps trinkets for tanks?

that makes me very, very sad.

Beta patch notes.

1 Like

lame change is lame. dps trinkets were fun, and tanking trinkets unnecessary.

2 Likes

Indeed. If my BDK can hit trinket, I can just as well hit death strike.

2 Likes

… checks patch notes for “Shifting powers back into Healer’s class kits” …
File not found.

5 Likes

For tanks and healers who could survive or keep the party up without using tanking/healing trinkets, this is not really going to change anything other than making them do a bit less damage.

I guess “fun detected”.

5 Likes

I think uber damage trinkets are poor design for either of the 3 roles. I’d rather not see torch/beacon/maelstrom come back, but whatever I’m glad they’re just nerfing it for heal/tank so it still leaves dps to play with what they like.

I do hope they keep up with the ± effects like the haste from smolderon or the trinket from doti. I think if they refined their design with those relative to certain class performance / cooldown windows it makes gameplay more engaging.

On the topic of trinkets altogether though I hope we see a heart of azeroth class specific trinket at some point in the worldsoul saga.

1 Like

So now we’ll not only be outhealed by the tank, but what little damage we could scrounge up to try and be useful is being stomped on. Ideal M+ party comp in TWW will be 1/0/4 or 2/0/3

edit: I had my tantrum. It’ll probably be ok, if they build some of the damage into our kits maybe. maybe. :grinning:

The problem with trinkets in dragonflight is there was only 1 or 2 useable ones, the rest were so bad you just used them as a stat stick.

Making tanks and healers do less damage isn’t going to help get more people to fulfill that role, and should be avoided

How about reworking all the awful masteries that most tanks avoid

Only trinket change I want is to make on use usable in BGs and Arenas again. Then maybe I’ll care. WoWLogs mean nothing. If the boss died, in PvE you get 100% rating from me.

What do you mean?

It makes loads of sense for me to only care about 3/4 of the stats

They’re never going to make actually good tank trinkets, because as much as they don’t want tanks using DPS trinkets, they REALLY don’t want DPS using tank trinkets.

Like, if tank trinkets had notable defensive value it could create situations where people ran them to cheese mechanics. So they all give a super small amount that amounts to basically nothing. And then people don’t use them, because there’s never a situation where being 1% tankier for 10 seconds is going to be the difference between living and dying.

2 Likes

they did exactly that with tainted rageheart

2 Likes

And Rageheart is like, the one good tank trinket in the entire Dragonflight expac, and it’s still not good enough for tanks to use it over DPS trinkets most of the time.

3 Likes

yep. I only run it in keys. it’s a waste of a slot in raid because there’s nothing in raid that hits hard enough to need it. I’d much rather run my 2 dps trinkets in raid.

this change is bad, because blizz is terrible at designing tank trinkets that we want to use.

Ummm, a lot of dps and healers use Rageheart due to its high defensive value in keys. It’s used by non-tanks WAY more than actual tanks.

As for healers and tanks using dps trinkets, I think it’s inevitable since tanking (surviving) and healing (enough hps to live) are binary. You either have enough or you don’t. Having more survivability or more hps when you don’t need it doesn’t help. More dps always helps.

2 Likes

Every tank trinket should be a taunt/defensive. More dps from you means nothing to the raid. You could do 0 dmg, if you don’t die you did your job. You want to top meters as a tank or something?

I’m far from wanting to top meters as a tank.

I want my trinkets to be fun to use and “an extra 10% defense you don’t actually need” isn’t fun. however a burst of damage is fun.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the concept of wanting healers and tank to use healers and tank trinkets but they need then massive buffs and probably to lock them to be role specific so it doesn’t cause issues.

6 Likes