DPS M+ High Keys

I’ve been maining UHDK this expansion and the higher I go in keys, there’s less room for error with DnD windows. If the mob group is split, mobs jumping out or tank kiting its game over for damage. I’m getting pretty frustrated with it.

So my question to you experienced dps gamers, what spec/class has the best cleave, least dependent on uncontrollable variables? Please answer with one ranged and one melee. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Unholy is pretty flexible if tank knows how due to their short cds. But guessing you want purely pug. Mage for range. Even if you don’t pull around combust it can still erase the pride. Melee fury Warr I’ll say and outlaw. Both excel since they are the least cd reliant and have ways to reduce.

Fury warriors. We are consistent dps all dungeon long.

4 Likes

Balance druid probably cares the least about perfect stacks among ranged and Fury probably has the easiest time keeping up with a tank who’s kiting (and piercing howl).

Thanks for the replies maybe it’s time to dust off the old fury warrior from TBC.

Boomkin AoE is ridiculous and they are highly sought after in keys this season. They are on the chopping block for some nerfs but none of those are final and/or are looking to break the spec.

Melee I’d look at WW. I watched Doorki’s stream yesterday and their Rogue was playing his WW in a +20 HOA and finished with 11.5k overall. That is insane.

A reasonable number of Unholy DKs will also use clawing shadows in Mythic+, so you can still D&D cleave even if the tank pulls the mobs away.

1 Like

I’ve always been a fan of Outlaw in keys, you literally just press Blade Flurry and continue your single target rotation while you cleave adds in a decent sized area.

It’s not the best DPS in the game but it’s definitely the most forgiving, you also do a ton of damage if the boss has any adds to cleave and since you don’t have an AoE rotation you’re doing your normal Boss DPS while killing the adds.

As for Ranged Moonkins probably have the easiest time with AoE, you don’t have to worry about add positioning due to Starfall having a GIGANTIC hitbox.

Your AoE also has no CD and only costs 50 Astral Power so you’re able to keep it up the entire time it’s needed. You’re able to do decent Cleave as well as having very good Single Target. Moonkins have virtually no downsides in the game at the moment.

Boomkin is the only DPS in the game that doesn’t care where the mobs are.

Fury warrior does great AoE damage, although their single target isn’t great. Survival is the same, but people won’t take you because there’s a large stigma against it. I’ve had great results on frost mage in terms of cleave and single target running my freezing winds legendary. Some people will scoff that you’re not fire, but frost holds its own quite well and it’s also very easy to play.