DPS and Healing meter

Hello, I’m back for a month after about 10-13 years. I checked the UI settings etc but I don’t see anything regarding a DPS/healing/etc meter anywhere. I remember that you had to download add on after add on but it looks like they rolled other add ons into the basic game but I don’t see it. Can I just get the Here → Here for where to enable/display the meter?

Meters are not something that’s built into the base UI. The most popular option right now is Details!, with Skada also being used quite a bit.

3 Likes

Leveling DPS meters are not as big a thing as they used to be. Leveling goes pretty fast.

End-game simulation sites are quite popular though. They recommend stat choices, gear alternatives, rotations, etc.

Sa before, wowhead.com is a good class/spec resource but many do prefer icy-veins.com now.

How can I have any idea of how well I am doing if I have no way to gauge anything that I do? I would rather spend my time playing effectively and progressively as I go along before I reach endgame, which is where I would probably stop. I quit after burnout from hardcore endgame raiding on multiple characters. With no in game meter to measure anything I will probably quit a lot sooner than that, to be honest. I resubbed based on the UI changes and made an apparent incorrect assessment that they handled it by now.

I also will not be referring to any third party website anymore, least of all to download things. Either the essential function is inside the game or it is not, and I found out from the general forum that most essential items are not actually rolled into the game even 20 years later.

I am very disappointed, but glad I didn’t buy the expansion or more than 1 month of time.

So the improvements they made were things that are considered essential. They did integrate some weak auras, click to cast (basically built in grid), improved layout functionality.

Damage/healing meters aren’t considered essential to play the game. If you’re only questing, you don’t need one. Hell, even if you’re just doing normal or even heroic dungeons you don’t really need one unless you’re planning on moving on to mythic+. That’s why there are addons.

They’ve built in a lot of things like some basic boss warnings, but nothing to replace DBM. They’ve made improvements to the AH, but Auctionator still has better features.

You can play without addons, many people do it, even at high levels. If you feel you NEED a damage meter to compete, then you will need to download one. If you don’t want to download anything, fine. If you don’t want to play without something you can easily download because you expect your perfect UI to be provided for you, then Blizz wouldn’t have left the option to have addons available.

dps/hps/tps meters are not essential.

they’re a matter of player preference.

if you feel like it’s something you need to see, then you have the option to add that functionality.

odd hill.

i reference wowhead multiple times a day for various things.

addons are perfectly fine if the game doesn’t contain all the features you want.

1 Like