Downtime Question

login screen says it i will be offline from 7am to 3pm. Does game normally go offline for 8hr on maintanence days?

and what is the new 7Gb update its downloading,

also when i created account i did not know that characters cant hop between servers like in other games. so my charactor is in hakkar. is it good server once i reach high lvl?

1. Nope, the newest patch, 8.3, drops today. Hence the far longer maintenance downtime and the large download that’s occurring.
  2. I don’t personally know how Hakkar will fare for a server, but generally you can accomplish most everything short of hardcore endgame raiding on any server. For that, you might have to seek out a specific server (and a guild), but otherwise you’ll be able to do most everything to an effective degree on any server.

i see ty. any idea why my avatar show level 20 hunter when im 50

You can change which character shows up on the forums up in the top right of this window, there should be a little avatar underneath your account name. Click the avatar, and click ‘Change Character’ at the bottom of what pops up.

in change avatar option it only shows level 20 hunter. maybe my account not fully transformed from starter acc yet. i got gametime only 4days ago

Huh. Not quite sure why it wouldn’t let you change your avatar, then. I do know that most account actions for Blizzard games are nearly instantaneous, though, so it probably isn’t that. Either way, it doesn’t hinder your game experience at least, so I wouldn’t fret over it too much and just check it again in a few days.

The armory that the forum pulls your character info from lags behind in a lot of cases. I still showed at lvl 117 for a week or so after I had hit 120. It’ll update eventually.

Sometimes the forum itself lags behind too. Logging out and back in can fix update issues at times, but I wouldn’t worry about it too much.