Download speed is trash

Steam can download things at 20MB no problem and internet is working fine everywhere else but for some reason wow cant go faster then 10KB i have limits turned off in the settings

2 Likes

I know, right? What’s the deal?

Same here. Earlier the updates were using my full 10Mbps and getting a 50-60MB download done in about 40-50 seconds as normal. This latest one of about 55MB has been going 5+ minutes crawling along at 30-50Kbps and is barely halfway. Why Blizzard why?

Edit: As I posted this I was seeing 27MB remaining, then it jumped to 47MB remaining and still crawls at 22-30Kbps. At this rate a barely 1 minute download is going to take over an hour. Lots of my friends can log in and play while I wait for this crap. Just now it had dropped to 17.5Kbps when it should be at 10Mbps. Frustrating is a massive understatement!!

Re-installed Bnet client and it started off around 250Kbps then quickly dropped to under 30 which means the 41MB remaining will probably take an hour instead of 25 seconds or so.

Here we go tuesday and another 300 MB patch that i have to watch crawl at 30KB/s this is also brand new bnet and wow install on a brand new ssd 1 month ago never had mods or anything on the ssd.

So far the solution i found is some guy said pause the download and let it sit paused it still downloads while paused and at proper speeds also OR gives it a boost when it comes out of pause. But then drops back into 25-30 KB/s range

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.