Download size

Hellooo,
I’m not really new to WoW, I use to play 7ish years ago, but am excited to get back in. My new gaming PC gets here tomorrow and I’m itching to get back in. My question is, basically starting from scratch, having to get everything re-downloaded (digitally) all the patches and stuff what size download am I looking at? I couldn’t find a solid answer. My download speed is 35-40mbs what kind of time of waiting to play am I looking at? Any info helps. Thanks!

BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOOOOOON (lol)

The amount of time will depend more on your download speed than the actual size of the download.

If you try to download during the day when more people are using bandwidth in your area, it will take longer than if you set it to download overnight.

Generally speaking you’re looking at anywhere from 2-5 hours of download time for the game (you’ll automatically be downloading the latest version). I would very strongly recommend setting it to download before you go to bed, and by the time you get up in the morning it should be finished.

Just make sure you go into your launcher settings and change the network bandwidth limit to “0”. This will remove the download data cap (basically tells the launcher that it’s okay to use all the bandwidth it can find) and allow for faster downloading, both of the game, and of any future patches.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

The download itself is about 32 GB, give or take.

They download will be current with all patches as of the time you download it.

2 Likes

Update: downloading now and it’s 57GB moving pretty quick.

1 Like