Don't use Tradeskillmaster

I tried Tradeskillmaster at the recommendation of a friend. It noticeably reduced my games performance so I’d turn it off on my pc when I was done posting auctions and only had the add on enabled on my banker.

The realest biggest most problematic issue was when I decided to uninstall the desktop app. Since then I was getting insane latency spikes up to and above 1600ms and experiencing disconnects.

I uninstalled wow and am reinstalling. I disabled tsm on startup because despite removing it it was still attempting to launch.

I just hope to warn others who may be interested in using tsm that there could be risks associated with this software and add on.

That sounds rough, and I hate to bring bad news, the vast majority of TSM users never see those issues, and the ones that do often manage the addon with either Curseforge or Wowup –– neither of which should be used with TSM as they overwrite and corrupt the addon, plus conflict with the TSM desktop app. You can use them with other addons, just not TSM.

I suggest joining their Discord and asking about your issues in the support channels. Everybody there is friendly and helpful.

1 Like

I kinda figured I was an outlier here. I don’t use any add on managers but I’m guessing something went wrong specific to my use case.

I was blaming it on the fbi wiretap at first but removing tsm entirely and reinstalling wow did resolve my issue. It seems like a lot of people trust it though and have better machines than I do.