Dont Trust Blizzard With Classic Era!

Do you think a corporation like blizzard isnt looking for an opportunity to monetize classic whenever they can lol?

1 Like

It’s the only true Classic WoW. Tbc onward is retail

Funny thing, being able to predict the inevitable consequence of introducing pay-to-win into a game, isnt it?

The original intention of the game is lost. Time and dedication and skill are no longer necessary to progress. You can simply buy the progression.

What makes this even worse, is that the power disparity in the game between those who are well off and those who are not increases. Who wants to sit around and watch whales grow fatter?

Enjoy the dumpster fire.

1 Like

No I don’t because they would have already done that no? Feel stupid yet lol…

No longer necessary to progress? What world are you living in where you are forced to buy a wow token ? Literally what excuse will you use next ? Oh I forgot if someone else buys gear it somehow ruins your gear… Btw your precious classic era is riddled with gold buying and rmt. What does it matter if group a clears raids faster than group b ? Again just spoiled entitled attitudes.

You are something special lol. Got dropped a few times as a child apparently. It’s all wow, you are just a basement dweller who hates change. Cool we get it.

2 Likes

Dude, calling people names as a form of argument (since I think you are literally too stupid to know, this is called an ad hominem attack) does nothing but show how inept you are at debate. oooh, sick burn, I got dropped as a child and now I cant form a rational sentence.

Like I said before, enjoy the pay-to-win/progress game. For those of us who think skill/time/dedication are the core means of progression in an MMO, we are out.

That’s just pretty funny because you quit a game that you don’t have to buy any shop items. They don’t lock content behind store purchases they don’t let you buy straight gear. Oh no someone can buy gold. How does that invalidate anything you do? Always so worried about everyone else. Btw Susan express called wanted to remind you your rosey red glasses of nostalgia are lying to you. Calling you spoiled,entitled,opinionated is name calling now lol. Tell us more Mr victim

No. It is unlikely that the classic devs will introduce a wow token in classic era.

There’s a post on this, by the developers, already:

" * In Vanilla WoW, the scarcity of gold is a major factor in how you approach your journey in Azeroth. From saving to get your first mount at 40, to picking and choosing which skills you wanted to learn while leveling so you could afford a new weapon or piece of armor. Later on at level 60, some form of time investment is needed to “maintain” a character in an ecosystem where flasks, resistance potions, and elixirs are such a major part of the game, and resources are scarce and highly contested. This was true all the way through Burning Crusade, where potions and flasks could represent a significant weekly expense and the resources required to make them were still quite difficult to obtain."

In essence, the wow token would cause a major disruption to classic era’s economy, which the developers know well to avoid.

They’d kill Era. The difference between Vanilla and Wrath, is the Era players have integrity towards how the game is meant to be, half the Wrath players are just retail players collecting chieves and mounts for the day they eventually merge the prog servers into retail

I haven’t been on these forums a lot in the last month.

This (WoW Classic General Discussion) used to be the place to go for people who wanted the old game as it was which was a breath of fresh air. Especially after witnessing what happened to Wrath. It was awesome to talk to people on this forum that just wanted the same thing I came back in 2019 for.

It seems many people on here now want ERA changed to fit their whims. I get the discussion for the hardcore servers or Season of (whatever) or Classic+ but asking for Era changes I do not understand. Frankly, I’m surprised to see it on here. It almost looks like another case of people coming back just because it’s where others are and not really wanting this version of the game, and what they want is often already elsewhere but instead of going elsewhere these people want to impose their selfish wants on others who just want the game as it was. They are the very reason why Retail WoW is what it is today and Wrath Classic is what it is now.

These types of people want so many changes and don’t have any desire for authenticity. They also do not have any desire to understand others. All of their wants revolve around themselves and themselves only. I honestly just find it really sad to see.

2 Likes

Off the mark. I’ve been playing on my ‘dead’ realm since before TBC prepatch, through all of SoM, and Wrath. During that time, #NoChanges was never my position and I actively posted for changes to be made in the version of WoW I play exclusively. Classic Era is not a #NoChanges safety bunker. It’s the first step of Classic+.

The token in Wrath is no stunning revelation. Those realms were retail progression servers the moment they split off from Era.

Well, I always saw the Wrath token as a “when” not an “if”. From my perspective, it was very clear that the extra money from things like boosts and server transfers helped make TBCC and then Wrath look more successful. Blizzard keeps adding more services at the exact correct time to make their quarterly reports look good and in the last half a year the cash grabs have been blatant.

In a way, Blizzard is a business and the goal is to make money but IMO the choices have not improved the quality of the game and therefore they should not be trusted to make good changes to Era etc.

My post wasn’t even trying to reference you or some others that have been here for a long time. I was just giving my viewpoint on what I see here now from the general group mindset vs a few months back when I last visited.

I don’t expect much agreement because when the forum group viewpoints change it’s almost impossible for me to find like-minded people anymore. I saw that on the Wrath Classic forum.

As for your wanting Classic+ or whatever 90% of your posts are telling people on the Wrath Classic forum that they are already playing Retail and they have been since they went through the dark portal. I’ve never debated that with you and will not spend the time doing so now. I will say that if you want to change a lot of things in Era then you yourself also have a “Retail type” mindset of wanting the game to not be what it was. You should probably look into your own hypocrisy instead of holding yourself in high esteem for staying on a low-population Era server cluster back when so many others moved on.

1 Like

Im able to predict what they are going to do before it happens because IT LITERALY ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE with retail. BTW didnt u see my post about me predicting WoW tokens in Wrath two years before it happened. Its not rocket science man im just going off of what blizzard has already done in the past lmao

best post I have seen the whole day. /Salute to true classic players.

And I agree, the corporate greed destroyed this game once, and it will probably do it again.

Coming from a level 71, that means less than nothing.

That’s the EXACT type of non-response I’d expect from you since you have no clue how to debate anything and you usually just do that “easy” no thinking required one-liner stuff.

Edit: I’ve ignored your hypocrisy and low grade character attacks on others before but didn’t reply because we’ve had discussion on things I care about like server issues so there was a bit of respect to you… but since you have decided to use a low grade character attack on me in the same way you would on any stranger well no love anymore. I’ll just call it out if I see it from now on and warn others who don’t know about the what is essentually forum trolling and character attacks with no substance.

1 Like

You make it easy honestly. Can’t fault others when you literally hand them the ammo. Who said anything about debate? oh yeah that’s right:

And you’re wrong btw

Before jumping at someones throat with baseless claims of hypocrisy, ensure you can at least stay consistent yourself.

You are the one that started throwing insults. You made a claim, I said you’re off. You said I’m a hypocrite, I say your wrong and in fact projecting. Spare me the cry-bullying

If I debated with you on how a product with Classic in it is Classic then fine I’ll take that comment back but many more times I didn’t say anything.

Either way there is nothing to be respected about a poster who character attacks 95% of the time without any further debating. Thats called a troll poster and most have already recognized that for you.

While I kind of get why you replied like that you ignored the majority of my reply and said what was basically nothing and continue to do so.

Anyway I won’t hijack the OPs thread more. My perspective is that Era shouldn’t have a ton of changes made by a company that does a bad job when making changes. You seem to want Retail type changes to Era and you don’t want to be called out for wanting it. Fine. Keep doing your standard thing.