Don't remove Soul Swap!

Soul swap is the most fun PVP talent for affliction, why remove it blizzard? I feel this is a core mechanic and should stay as one. It’s what makes affliction fun. Bad choice to remove it.

3 Likes

It’s just the PvE talent’s updated - it will likely come to the PvP talents in a later build.

Seriously? They’re removing soul swap? Granted its current version is awful, but it’s literally the only way to apply multiple dots at once to anything, and they’re removing it. They should just get rid of affliction a this point.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be removed for PvE either.

2 Likes

It should be removed from PVE.
In PVE it’s uses are too niche. Especially when Soul Swap takes UA off your main target.
Talents should be fun not tucked away in a branch as a “just in case”.

But for PVP it should absolutely be brought back via the PVP talents, and seeing as Oblivion is no longer a PVP talent but a regular talent, there’s now an “open slot”.

1 Like

It is in fact not niche for PvE. It had a ton of uses in raid and is very useful in m+.

Also I doubt Oblivion makes it to live at least in the current iteration. Its literally just WB that cost a gcd and a channel which we do a ton of already so unless it is absolutely slapping (with current 800% spell power it should be) you won’t be using it for PvE.

Most people, and guides I know of, do not recommend Soul Swap in M+.
Why would I take Soul Swap? VT & Seed spreads everything for me.

It’s useful for Priority add swaps. That’s about it.

Why wouldn’t, or more important why shouldn’t it slap?
It costs 2shards, channeled, requires a bit of set up, and on a 45sec CD.
It should absolutely hit hard.

And you Oblivion is only 1 talent point extra to pick up if you spec into WB.

It’s one of the most enjoyable buttons to press in PVP. There’s so reason that shouldn’t be true for PVE. You’re in fact the first person I’ve seen since the rework notes to be negative about it.

Which was absolutely mandatory to have in some high keys. That doesn’t make it niche.
You can’t say its useful for pvp and then turn around and say its not for pve when similar situations always exist.

800% Spell Power is ridiculous for PvE and its usually the default integer they add and then tune around. There is another “800%” on visionary too that will absolutely be tuned.

There are still issues with the rework and leaving feedback to address those issues isn’t “being negative”. The new tree isn’t perfect.

Mandatory in some high keys is exactly what niche means.
Especially when Affliction is literally the least played spec in high keys (20+) with like 0.3% of the player base. It’s not as if Soul Swap is making Affliction useful in M+.

It doesn’t need to hit for 800%. It just needs to hit hard enough to be satisfying.

I never said feedback is being negative.
Your doubts that the ability will be good is negative. They’re literally negative doubts.

and why exactly is it the least played spec in high keys? (poor damage profile) This is including having access to Soul Swap now… our target swapping is going to be worse going into TWW if things stay the same as they are now even Kala said the same thing.

Just make it baseline and if you don’t want to use it then don’t.

More like redundant than negative.

1 Like

Oblivion was used for 1 build for pvp and not used by the majority of Aff locks, so a slot didn’t “open up” it made it where there’s another talent required in a 3 talent system that has 3 locked in already.

Removing Soul Swap, even in its current lesser form is really bad.

I think they should just make it useful. Multiple charges, copies all your dots from the target and can be used on any target, even the original target you copied from.

+1 to this post, it’d be super helpful to have some method of applying the main dots all at once for priority adds. I’ve seen soulburn + haunt/soul swap thrown around too, I think that’d be interesting too. It is niche, but it a really good niche to have when its needed. Just because it’s niche doesn’t mean it should be an option.

I was honestly hoping they would go the opposite way and allow us to spam Soul Swap again in PvP. That MoP version of Warlock is the one I see most people nostalgic over and wishing would return, me included. Not to mention that PvP has been made into a bunch of brainless “zug zug” with unkiteable melee. Soul Swap spam would fit in perfectly.

Uh this is exactly how some talents should work

Every talent can’t be prime for every single scenario. That’s not good design.

Soul swap is fine. Afflic’s design for PvE is just garbage.