Dont Nerf Sapphiron

Awesome, thank you for the replies. Good to know what to prepare for!

Posting this in a “Don’t Nerf Sapphiron” thread is next level trolling.

1 Like

Just curious, I see you guys replicated the tick every 2 sec but did you add a 1% chance to make the dot tick an extra time, like when it resisted in vanilla, giving those extra ticks on individuals now and then?

1 Like

For those who don’t understand:

-The original 2006 intent was for it to tick every second.
-Coding, however, made it so it mostly ticked every 2 seconds, with a rare “1 sec tick”
-WoW Classic will replicate the behavior of 2006 Naxx (damage every 2 seconds) rather than the designer’s intent (damage every second)

This is good as it’s mostly what happened during Vanilla. Kudos and thanks for the insight.

5 Likes

but why? It would’ve been actually a challenge, unlike every other piece of content you guys have churned out in their nerfed states.

That’s an excellent summary, thank you! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Because challenge is good, but borderline unkillable bosses who do not follow their original documented behaviour are not.

borderline unkillable?

So far, most if not all of the resistance based fights have not actually required resistance gear for the raid. This would’ve actually required it.

Did you do or watch any of the PTR fights? The damage was extreme, to the point where WITH a buff to resistance, healing, and health healers were still needing to chain-chug flasks to keep up with the damage and it was a several minute long fight even with a damage bonus. With the whole raid in resist gear? That’s not sustainable.

2 Likes

It would be sustainable after farming out full epic FrR sets for the raid, which would significantly reduce the HPS required as well as the fight length. It just would not have been killable for most guilds on week 1, boo hoo.

Yes, I watched my guildmates complete the fight in a handful of attempts. Frankly, I think the fight is going to be a joke. We have raid teams in our guild that don’t even use nature resistance gear anymore in aq40 for princess huhuran and viscidus.

This is literally not true. We only found out about it in Classic because we dug up a 2011 Reddit post from an OG Vanilla player who talked about his guild using it to cheese threat mechanics in AQ40 back in the day.

Like I said, I’d love mythic Naxxramas but at that point you should retune the whole instance not just Sapphiron.

2 Likes

I’d love for them to retune the whole instance, but one boss is better than nothing.

You know CTHUN was released in a mathematically impossible state for most of vanilla. Why does Sappherion get special treatment? He should’ve been fixed to match the original design intent.

The only time this version of Sapphiron has ever existed was the PTR last week.

I hope they fix the bug where bosses go afk and don’t cast their abilities for very long periods that’s affecting some live bosses and was affecting Kel’Thuzad on the PTR.

But this is the way the fight was tuned in vanilla.

HAd it actually been ticking once a second it’s entirely possible the damage would have been reduced.

1 Like

Personally, I don’t think cthun was ever mathematically impossible. I imagine most of the problems of players back then was that he was very glitchy. With how easy he is now, it would’ve been really fun to see him actually unnerfed.

1 Like

“Fun” like random unstoppable wipes when a giant tentacle spawns on the person that gets sent into the stomach and unstoppably one shots everyone that goes down for the rest of the encounter, or unstoppably eye beams the raid from the stomach.

2 Likes

You mean the giant tentacle being in the stomach? Clearly that shouldn’t have been happening. I mean numerically unnerfed, not give him back his bugs.