Don't forget Allied Races in 9.1

Hear, hear! Enough is enough. I hope they literally get nothing.

8 Likes

Woow.
/10 chars

7 Likes

Also regular draenei need eye color/blind eye options, thanks.

7 Likes

Careful there, poultry :chicken:
You do not want to pull to many mobs while tanking, there’s so much your shield :shield: could handle.

I welcome the challenge, it’s not like I haven’t read all of the arguments about this subject already :wink:

1 Like

I just want the eye scars the reg orcs have. Would go great with my eye patch.

2 Likes

Absolutely agreed. They need faces, hairstyles, hair colors, eye colors, and more than three (!) skin tones. If I go female on my nightborne lock, she has about two faces that don’t look like that of a cougar mom. And not holding my breath, but I want them to get a felborne skin option or two considering Blizzard went and gave them warlocks to make up for them not having druids.

HM tauren definitely could use a few things copypasted over from their Mulgore brethren, they feel so lacking.

3 Likes

Look at it the way the Devs explained it then; those skin tones aren’t reflective of Void Elves, they’re reflective of High Elves. The intent was to add options to represent High Elves that do exist in the Alliance, through Void Elves, the same way one can represent a Wildhammer Dwarf through our Ironforge variant, or a Sand Troll through our Darkspear Trolls.

So yeah, bring on more High Elf options, and throw in some new Void stuff while we’re at it. I want to be able to customize the Entropic Embrace separately. Maybe have a third eye or something. Photo negative white hair when EE is on. Stuff like that.

14 Likes

They’re still reflective of void elves. Void Elves can suppress the void energies, similar to what Alleria can do.

4 Likes

We want blonde and white hair for void elves now! No more compromises!

6 Likes

Alleria wasn’t transformed via a ritual the way Umbric and his fellows were. I agree that new Void Elves are likely to take Alleria’s path going forward, and retain their uncorrupted appearances while now affected by Entropic Embrace, and it certainly is plausible that Umbric and his followers might grow skilled enough to suppress their transformation. People can play whatever they want how they want.

But the customizations as added were explicitly stated to be High Elven customizations.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=316803/shadowlands-zones-covenant-armor-and-character-customization-interview-with-art-

6 Likes

How did I know before clicking this thread would get hijacked by a certain subgroup of people.

14 Likes

How would you feel if after waiting since vanilla to still not get what was requested? We want normal hair colors on void elves and Alleria tattoos. That’s it you can ask whatever weird void theme stuff after that but we been waiting too long. You got all the cool option on DID we got nothing! Step aside.

1 Like

People can ask for whatever they want. More High Elf options, more Void options. There isn’t a limit to how many options one race can have, after all.

1 Like

My point was DID already had great customization. Void elves have nothing. No blonde or white hair or Allerian tattoos. Nothing.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean they can’t get anything. More options is better for everyone.

Void Elves got several new eye colors, and a wide range of skin tones. I hardly call that, “nothing.”

And hopefully such things will be added (and Blood Elves can get some runic tattoos at the same time, among other things like Dark Ranger/San’layn customization).

Telling someone to, “Step aside,” because you are unhappy with the customization not yet added is not conducive to the purpose of this thread, which is focused around new options for all Allied Races, not just Void Elves. It’s not a matter of who needs what more than anyone else (and if it were, Nightborne win that category so firmly 9.1 should be focused on a complete revamp of them entirely and no one else).

10 Likes

They aren’t working on all races at same times. Some races got alot more which was intentional. So if i want blonde and white hair i will then yes i will point out other things until we get what we want and ask others to step away.

Anyways, back to Nightborne models getting a complete overhaul. . .

10 Likes

Void Elves need nothing. Honestly the “High Elf” obsession is so annoying. High Elves are on the Horde— they renamed themselves to Blood Elves. Be the blue haired blue eyed pale elf fantasy of your dreams — you’ll just have to play Horde.

If Void Elves got more void inspired hair or ornamentation I would think that’s cool. But that’s it. Nightborne need WAY more options. Need more facial options, need more hair options, need more skin options.

I think it would be cool if you could toggle the arcane rune tattoos so they could be brighter as well as add other options for them. Honestly most Nightborne female models all look the same which Is a pity for how interesting and aesthetically impressive Suramar and Legion were. Also the ability to toggle between gold and silver jewelry for Nightborne would be amazing. In fact you see NPCs like Thalyssra have silver ornamentation while Valtrois for example has gold capped ears.

I’m good for literally ALL allied races except VE to get some love. Or even add in those heritage armor sets for more core races.

17 Likes

No one, “needs,” any new customization if we want to be technical. It’s not about need, its about want. So, saying…

Really comes off as exceedingly petty. Ask for what you want, but don’t play Gatekeeper on others getting what they want.

14 Likes