Don't do Fated Raids base achievement limited time content

Ok, tell me what’s the right interpretation…

He’s talking about the specific # of mounts for the achievement, in this case 500, and that there needs to be a large enough pool of mounts in game for new players to achieve it, and that they’re also going to be adding more.

He’s basically explaining why they went with 500, he’s not saying that they won’t be adding temporary mounts in the future . I’m not sure how you got that.

I never mention this, I said that we don’t have a 700 mount achievement right now because for Ion that kind of goal will required removed and promotional content and that could impact new players perspective.

And my post is about stop doing that because then Devs will delay mount achievements, besides that is removed content for new and returning players, I provided an example of good evergreen content, Mage Tower.

We actually don’t need a large pool, we need just # mounts available in game - (removed, promotional , store mounts), maybe even include a 800 mount achievement and then Wowhead will post “World first 800 mount achivement” instead of getting the achievement on the pre patch day.

We could get more mounts instead. We don’t have a 700 mount collection currently because they rightfully don’t count limited rewards as part of the achievement? That’s a good thing, and means nothing for continuing to add time sensitive rewards to the game.

As far as I’m aware there isn’t a shared model with the SL KSM mounts that you can get without doing KSM. Why is the jelly saber more offensive than those?

A new expansion always dumps a lot of new mounts on us, and I’ll be honest in saying I haven’t got nearly any of the ones from SL. There are only two mounts I’ve ever actively farmed, and everything else is an “oh, neat!” event when it falls into my lap.

That’s still 227 mounts. I think new players will be fine.

We already have over 700 mounts available without counting removed, promotional mounts, Devs use limited and promotional as an excuse for the frequency for these achievements.

Because KSM and Glad have a timestamp and implementing that system as evergreen could be a nightmare compared to adding a NPC that change the raid to its fated version, so new and returning players could complete it with the affix, Slime saber will be a participation reward from LFR, compared to the challenge of each season.

I’d like to see Timewalking keys with affixes and escalation for a proper challenge, so you can get those removed KSMs at any point but that’ll kill the “seasonal” flavour of the game that a lot of players like.

Exactly, I’d like to see for once goals for collectors instead of getting achievements on pre patch day.

why not have different recolors of the slimecat for different difficulties of the achievement? they have recolored plenty of mounts before now…

How else will they be able to sell the mount in the shop? Maybe it will be a different color, but it’ll still be a slime cat. That’s just my guess.

Fated raids is another one of the devs and blizzard lazy attempts to keep subs becuase they know shadowlands is nothing but a suck fest. We did all these dang raids already why the F do we want to do them again only with some gear crap.
I am done with pve and its BS RNG. Pvp gear is the way to go. You can farm pvp matches easier and dont have to spend hours and hours on a raid that may grant you gear or you could just get one piece that you already have.