Don't Bring Joyous Journeys Back

Joyous Journeys was yet another change in a long list of changes Blizzard has made to the WoW Classic experience so far. But it is a pretty big and new change.

It was already a problem when it was brought out for the pre-Wrath because it didn’t exist before and a lot of people are tired of Blizzard trying to redefine the Classic expansions we signed up for. But it was only temporary so it wasn’t a big deal, and most of us just ignored it and moved on thinking that we would still get to play Wrath of the Lich King.

But then it came back… Not only was that already a problem, because we didn’t need more changes to an expansion that was perfect, it gave us some insights into the current team’s goals and ideals. This “We know leveling is such a chore so here’s a way you can get done it with it faster!” mentality doesn’t belong in Classic. It belongs in retail. But Blizzard seems keen on telling us that the leveling experience that was made in the past, isn’t enjoyable and that we should be given ways to reduce how long we have to “endure” leveling in Wrath. Which is particularly ironic considering that it also applied from lvl 70-80… the very newest content that we have. At the very LEAST the buff should only work from lvl 1-70. Why are you making a buff that makes people have to spend less time leveling IN THE NEWEST ZONE?

If people can’t stand to level without an XP boost, at the pace that the original Wrath gave us, then maybe these people should consider playing retail instead, where leveling is faster, rather than Classic where leveling is supposed to take time.

This was likely one of many attempts by Blizzard to experiment to see how people react to yet another change to Classic. To test the waters. And then if people got mad they could always say “It was only temporary! We won’t do it again… probably”

But that doesn’t mean it’s really going to stop there. I won’t be surprised if Blizzard tries to bring this back. And then depending on how this change is received that will embolden them to make even more changes, as they have done in the past. When does it stop? When do they stop trying to reinvent expansions, that a lot of us think were already good. That’s why we JOINED classic in the first place.

Well I’m here to say that not all of us want Classic to keep being tweaked and altered and becoming closer and closer to retail. We don’t want Joyous Journeys. We don’t want any changes. Wrath was a perfect expansion, just leave it alone.

77 Likes

Oh! Well they got rid of LFD, which I opposed, so Blizzard should just keep adding changes so then you could all see that I was right!

52 Likes

This is WotLK classic. This isn’t WotLK retail. Time Machines haven’t been invented yet.

34 Likes

If I want to enjoy Classic levelling, I always have an opportunity to play my clones on Classic Era.

This just wasn’t an option in original WotLK.

I am fine with the JJ buff since multiple versions of Classic are being supported.

BTW, you do have the option of turning off the buff.

89 Likes

We don’t all share the same opinion, but we are all entitled to our own opinions!

Hurray for opinions :heart:

25 Likes

Why do you bring this up if not to point out that it doesn’t belong in Classic?

What does that mean? How does that follow logically at all? The two things you tried to tie together in this sentence are completely unrelated.

Doesn’t matter. It shouldn’t be in the game. What other changes would you be okay with? Add 300% flying for everyone from lvl 1 including in azeroth? “It’s okay bro you don’t have to fly” That’s the exact logic of the argument you just gave me. The ability to turn off something doesn’t give Blizzard free-reign to make as many changes as they want. You people supporting their stupid changes every time they make it is what gives them the motivation to do so, however.

Joyous Journeys (who came up with this stupid name btw?) does not belong in the game. It wasn’t in the original Wrath so it doesn’t belong in Classic

6 Likes

Some of yall just love to complain about EVERYTHING, eh?

104 Likes

I assume you were telling to this to all the people crying about JJ being removed a few months ago right?

4 Likes

Speak to your innkeeper to activate the 0% bonus XP gain joyless journeys buff.

68 Likes

No. This doesn’t solve anything. The option needs to not be in the game.

“Oh so you just want to control OTHER people huh?”

Yes. Because I want to play classic wow. Not retail-classic Wrath. You also want to control people when you say that Blizzard should stop people from boosting, or stop botting, or stop people from all jumping ship to the biggest and most populated realms and abandoning other realms to die, or ban people who grief others or demonstrate bannable behavior. “You want to control others” isn’t an argument.

If you DONT want to enjoy classic leveling. Then go back to retail and stop playing classic because clearly Classic isn’t the game for you.

8 Likes

You know what else wasn’t in the game? Being tuned to 3.3.1 on launch, Ulduar dropping TOGC level gear, heroic plus dungeons, individual arena scores (aka the removal of arena teams) etc. The list goes on.

You know what was in the game, and isn’t now? RDF, Arena T2 weapons, Recruit-A-Friend, which gave you a 300% xp boost, 2 sweet mounts, a way to teleport around, etc. The list goes on.

Point is WotLK classic ISN’T OG WotLK. Some things are different. Get over it.

71 Likes

Given TBC Classic was rushed out in a year and probably WotLK Classic will not last as long as it originally did, it leaves players with less time to level up desired alts relative to the original version.

7 Likes

see

You may be content to sit by while Blizzard keeps making change, after change after change and continuing to head towards Classic being indistinguishable from retail in all but appearance, I however, will not do so.

This is Blizzard’s fault for changing things. It doesn’t mean they should keep changing things to make up for their poor planning. I and, so many others, would have been perfectly happy with keeping the exact same pace as the original expansions. In fact I hate that BC ended that fast. This whole experiment is already rushing towards the edge of a cliff, and that cliff is called cataclysm. Them stepping on the gas is just completely self-sabotage.

3 Likes

Joyous Journeys is Bis

38 Likes

I actually enjoy Classic levelling but like I said before, I can always play my Classic Era toons to enjoy that slower vibe.

Good luck on your fight, though. You’re certainly entitled to your opinion on this.

7 Likes

Okay if you enjoy classic leveling then you shouldn’t have any problems with you having to level the way the game originally intended, in Wrath. So you should agree with me. If you support JJ however that means you don’t want to deal with classic leveling and that means you don’t enjoy classic leveling. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

I think you are subscribed to the wrong game then.

“JJ does not belong in the game” and “it doesn’t belong in Classic” are opinions.

Classic has been since the start not an original re-creation of the game at the time. We don’t have progressive patches, we have QoL features built in from the start. Classic is just an era locked server so people can re-experience the game with that era’s races, classes, talents, and abilities.

21 Likes

No they’re not. They’re indisputable facts. This is classic. Things that were not in the original games, irrefutably do not belong in wrath. If you disagree you’re simply wrong. It has nothing to do with opinion, however.

And by every merit they’ve failed to do this because they refuse to stop changing things.

Yeah I don’t see the point of this thread. Turn off the XP bonus if you like. Done.

28 Likes

You should roll a character in my server so you can yell at all the kids running around and not RP walking on an RP server.

15 Likes