Don't Bother Gearing Through PvP in Shadowlands

Probably for people who enjoy both PVP and PVE content, they can choose how they gear each area up.

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH!

6 Pieces of gear with Haste/Vers for Leather!

I have died and went to heaven! They are LISTENING Bois.

Thats bad, dont get me wrong, but its better then the 2 pieces total we have in BFA. If they have 2 different rings with the Haste Versa, so we can get 2 thats 7 pieces. I will be happier. Thats not as bad as BFA. He is covering weps, if they too are haste versa 1hs, 9 pieces of 15 being haste vers, + Glad trinket, gives me 1 trinket and 5 slots to fill in PVE, more than half my set will be PVP. Thats a start.

1 Like

Im not asking to have my character 100% geared from only PvP- im asking to be optimal. And with the current system in beta that is absolutely impossible.

People should have to raid for cool trinkets and cool weapons. I 100% agree with that. But to have 10% of the gear available on conquest and BG gear give the stat variation that people are actually looking for in PvP is absurd.

Unless you play a warlock haha, or a DK :cry:

1 Like

I am happy to get 1/3 of my gear from PvE if I want to min max, but please let me get at least 2/3 of my BIS gear from the content I want to do without throwing away all my free time. I love this game and don’t want it to conflict with other priorities in my life,

1 Like

Well I do play Warlock :P. and DH.

Going to have to verge off that Video, Affliction doesnt need THAT much haste, and Vers? Affliction? Not as important as he is making it. The Haste/Vers pieces on Cloak and Jewelry probably enough, grab the haste mastery peices, and then PVE for more Vers. Its acceptable.

Destro is screwed, but it needs to be, Destro is boring stale stupid gameplay.

Just my opinion and the way I play Aff though, if others prefer to stack Vers ya its bad for them. He did mention that as well.

The point is, you have one stat combo per slot.

One.

PvP gear needs more to be worthy of the insane amount of time it will take to get.

And I want some pvp stat, rather than just more combos. Or even better, gear that is boosted in PvP instances and warmode (like when pvp talents are active)

Oh no I agree with you, I been fighting the great fight myself.

I am just saying that video, made ME personally with the Classes I play, a little less worried. I wanted to play Mage some in SL, and also leveled a Unholy, and was wanting to see if Spriest was fun with the changes, however this system will pigeon hole me back into DH/Aff, which is sad.

I would prefer to see those changes as well. I am just trying to make the best of a bad situation, and tell myself it wont be as bad as BFA, so I dont flat out uninstall.

1 Like

okay ion… it’s time to stop posting on alts.

15 Likes

I don’t get why they can’t just look at time invested that determines the ilevel. I takes minimal effort and time to get lfr gear, so if you want lfr quality gear in pvp, you should only have to put in the minimal effort and time. Even conquest gear is bad because you can get it in m+ and raids much faster. It should balance out to be close to the same amount of time invested whether you do pvp or pve for gearing.

2 Likes

I hear you.

I saw only one plate piece with verys/mastery and my Frost DK heart froze.

I want to be playing affliction too, but I have not played it in so long (for obvious reasons) I do not even know what the stat prefs are.

It was my first 120, favorite class/spec all time. BFA was bad, I am just assuming that it will be like it always was.

Haste is nice, but dots are already fast. Deathbolt hitting like Chaos Bolts in BFA, they on beta 1 shotting people with bolts. Stacking Mastery increases dot damage, so increases bolt damage. It wont be Rot in SL, it will be Burst with option to Rot.

Seeing that change, and how Haste has always been good to a point for Ticks, but Mastery is very important, assuming that will be more so in SL. Lock is naturally tanky, I would rather get faster ticks and 1 shot bolts then slightly more tanky. BUT we will have to see how SL plays out.

Sacrolash will def help Aff not needing much vers.

So what’s the solution here? Socketing and PvP/PvE gems in 9.1?

Every post/video I’ve seen touches ONLY about the PVP vendors and “skips” whats actually obtainable from a Mythic + or raid. I get it. The issue is that PVP vendors aren’t selling gear with appropriate itemization stats to be considered “BIS”.

To put it plainly:
“I need vers/haste or vers/mastery on EVERY armor piece to be competitive in pvp.”

The first reaction to compensate for a lack of PVP gear is the need for a PVE grind to become PVP viable.

BUT guess what. PVE doesn’t give you a full set of BIS vers/haste or vers/mastery either! Players are going to have to choose item stat combinations to the best of whats available. It is literally impossible to collect a full set of gear at max il that is a perfect combination (all vers/haste or all vers/mastery) from PVE. So really you only need to run mythics or raids for a select few items for a slight advantage. No video or post properly explains this.

Also don’t forget:

• You dont need PVE trinkets anymore (at least 1). These now come from PVP.
  • You still get to create a legendary item with BIS stats to fill a “non-existent” PVP item.

I’m sorry you’re forced to play the game. lol. WOW was always marketed as a PVE game from day 1 and will always have a cross over between the two worlds. Steps have already been put in place to mitigate that overlap when compared to BFA.

2 Likes

Vers combos on every slot would be a good start.

1 Like

Umm no.

You can 100% get Full Haste Vers in PVE, and PVE also got vendors, and they get multiple options for your new “Chest Piece Token”

Do you not know how SL gearing works?

Well affliction looks to be better for SL. If I could just have malefic grasp back…

But the last real major improvement I would love to see for SL, is fixing this PVP gear debacle.

1 Like

Its going to be a different Aff, with Death Bolts hitting like Mack trucks, and Malefic Rupture bursting dots.

It MIGHT be fun, only time will tell.

Seems Rot is dead, and replaced by Bursting dots. Bursting Dots, in my experience in every game, always ends in DOT classes taking over. So a nerf will likely follow soon.

They really shouldn’t have to raid for cool trinkets and weps to be competitive either.

1 Like

What???

They seriously gave PVE better vendors?

Honestly, when they release a benthic vendor for PVE and still did not give us a vendor in BfA I though it was a joke.

Man.

2 Likes