Don't blame Bizzard for having queues or for not having layers

Just because Blizzard customer service is at an all time low in game doesn’t mean that Blizzard employees don’t play this game.

Do you really think that Blizzard can’t see all the messages in world chat or lfg like:

“I need herbs invite LAYER 2”

“When Ony head dropping layer 1?”

“TOO MANY (horde or alliance) IN MY ZONE SOMEONE INVITE LAYER 2”

“WHAT LAYER IS AZUREGOS UP ON?”

Nonsense like this was posted shamelessly day and night on every server that had layers right out in the open including people boasting about exploiting layers.

So when Blizzard tells servers no we can’t just bring layers back, are you at least ready to accept some responsibility for your own queue times and the fact that Blizzard is so hesitant to just give layers? This community really needs to blame themselves.

4 Likes

Blizzard shouldn’t be doing half a job. You don’t just give out layers to TWO servers and neglect the rest. If it’s fine for Herod and Whitemane, it should be fine for the others with large queues. Simple as that :man_shrugging:

Give layering to all servers with large queues or none at all.

3 Likes

Aren’t layers the antithesis of what Classic is though? Wouldn’t an equal amount of players complain if layers were added back into the game?

Imagine making excuses for a multi-billion dollar company that doesn’t care about you at all.

Not quite an equal amount. The vast majority of players prefer the layering to the queues, it’s just the forums are not a valid representation of the playerbase. The reason layering is still needed on these server by the way is largely due to the bots (which go untouched), and the lack of oversight and attention from Blizzard. They’ve shown they can raise the player cap to prevent extensive queues, they just don’t.

But the bots are the biggest issue.

One thing I don’t get is that Arugal is the second most ACTIVE sever. Choosing the two highest populated servers was straight ignorance.

I’d rather log in and play instantly than sit in a queue.

Times have changed, people don’t have the time we did in 2005, sometimes we’ll only have an hour to jump on quickly. Rather do that in a layered game than sit in a queue

2 Likes

Obviously, layers are a temporary solution. When we have 3-4 hour nightly queues, we need layers until a better solution can be enacted.

Imagine making excuses for a playerbase that had 15+ years to figure out how to optimize everything in this game but still resorts to exploiting layers to gain massive unintended advantages.

1 Like

So I had no issue with layers (vs the 5 hour because of the pandemic). What else were they to do? I do think they needed to clamp down on some of the abuse though, for example gathering tradeskill CDs (eg 20 minutes) on changing layer. But layers are gone now (for now?) so whatever.

But this is entirely a problem of Blizzard’s making, for three reasons:

1. There are too many people on each server;
  2. BG queues are cross-realm; and
  3. There’s no incentive to move. In fact, it’s the opposite: Blizzard treats it as a source of revenue.

Too many people is obvious. On any decently populated server it’s almostd impossible to go out in the world and do things in many zones without getting griefed/ganked. Who is doing the ganking? Most often, Horde 60s who are bored waiting 2 hours for their BG queues to pop.

Why does it matter that BBs are cross-realm? Because there’s no incentive to move because the queue will be exactly the same.

Lastly, the lack of incentive to move. At $25/character, it’s ridiculously expensive. You want people off, Blizzard? Pay them to leave. In the very least, it should be a fixed low cost to move ALL your characters off the server. I have 5 characters on an account. I’m never going to pay $125 to move them all. To heck with that.

Worse, what happens when you move? You’re stuck there with a 90 day CD. What happens if you don’t like the server? Pay again (eventually). I imagine the odds of people moving then quitting is pretty high.

Why not let people try out a server and then decide to move? There would need to be srestrictions to this (eg no trading or AH buying/selling) while in this try-out phase. Or alternatively let someone move and give them a week to decide to stay or move back.

You can further incentivize people by allowing those moving off high-pop servers to move characters between accounts, a long requested feature.

I went on my server (Faerlina) just because I thought it would have a low chance of becoming a dead server. I’m not playing with streamers. I have no interest with streamers. Streamers I don’t care about one way or the other. The streamer fanboys are kinda annoying but whatever. What I do hate however are the streamer-haters. These are people who hate streamers (and likely their IRL lives) and decided to take out this jealousy by starting on a streamer server for the sole purpose of causing grief to everyone. These guys are pure poison and I’d happily get off the server just to get away from them.

Siomply put the cost of moving servers and the risks involved in leaving behind guilds, people you know and so forth is huge. Having to pay a high cost per character to move is just dumb.

Interesting position. I would say that Blizzard has the ultimate power to deal with the population problems on servers and has yet to address it effectively. There are ways to fix this problem, yet they choose not to. So I would absolutely disagree. Blizzard is 100% to blame for this reoccurring problem.